Ok guys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok guys...

Dave doesnt want me leaving, partly because of how he feels about me, and also because he knows that if I move he will have that POS loser kid living here and he will be paying for everything. I take care of stuff around here, including all the bills, and am a good watch dog. Besides I am the best thing that will ever happen to his daughter, and he knows it. Its up to her what she wants to do, but me and Dave are cool.

Everyone in the township that knows me has told me not to leave. Just yesterday I spent from 1100-1900 working on the neighbor's truck because it died in town. Who do they call when they need help around here? me. That is who they call. So the people who live here appreciate me, and that makes me want to stay.

What that means. It means I can still find a piece of property up here to build on, which I am doing, but I am going to take care of Dave like he has for me. I am ordering the last of the parts needed for his GTO, then he is going to get to drive it this summer. Its getting a dash plaque too, so when anyone rides in it, they see his name and mine, which should irritate someone nicely.

I have been busy, two more projects going, both GTOs running good, the Camaro for my postmaster is about to go in the shop for its pain job, then the 88 1500 my wife drove around for years will get the 400sbc with vortec heads and a custom mixed metallic pearl orange paint job. It should make a great parts runner and trailer tugging machine. Eventually I want an LSx in it, and one in my 76 C10.

That is whats up around here. I am back, and some pics are on teh way on the project I have been working on the last week or so, when I havent been fixing the rides of the people who live around here..

Glad to hear things are working out for you.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Quit focusing on satan herself ... live YOUR life the way you want, be friends w/who YOU want ... and most importantly, take care of YOU!

We all go thru rough patches in life, and it sounds like you're on the down hill side of this one ....
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
        We all go thru rough patches in life, and it sounds like you're on the down hill side of this one ....
        I agree, a little time and the ability to notice all the other people in your life that appreciate you can be quite helpful.
        I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
          Quit focusing on satan herself ... live YOUR life the way you want, be friends w/who YOU want ... and most importantly, take care of YOU!

That is what I am doing. I have earned what I have in life, and I can choose to share it, or not with whomever I please. She decided to take off, so she gets nuthin. All I had to do was figure out where I was going to live, and that is pretty much handled now.

I am living for me, and I discovered just how expensive that woman is. The car projects are going to be singing right along now, because of the money I am saving by switching to single.

Here is the deal, I am down to 253 this morning, been dropping a pound to two pounds per day with simple exercise and diet. I am already looking good, but headed to 210, with luck before the end of August. What happens then you may ask? The new semester at NMU starts, that is what. I am financially secure with passive income, have a place to live, own old cars and a pretty red one that people up here dont own and drive unless they are well off. I am a good looking guy, and women love my voice. They like the gray hair in my beard, and I get looks all the time, even when I was much fatter.

I have changed my lifestyle for the better. Mostly because last year when I got messed up by the paint, it left me helpless and unable to do anything. Never again will I be fat, never again will I sit around and be inactive. I have shit to do. The cool part is I know I can have any woman I want, and the best part is I dont really want one. Ok, well I dont want one all the time, and I dont want one sponging off me like they always have.

So today I orderd parts for the LeMans. Upper control arms to fit tall spindles from the parts Camaro, lift bars for the rear, and the patch panel that I forgot to order a while ago for the pass side quarter. The engine is going together today along with more body work. The transmission parts are all here, I just need to throw them into the good case I brought back in May, and then stuff it in the car behind the engine. I sprung for paint because I have plenty of budget for this thing, and its going to be two tone, gold on top, dark metallic blue on bottom. I am building a hood for it from glass resin and other things, will be adding some support to it with foam and some graphite rods.

The only things I still need for this car and the $5k challenge build, is a fuel tank, some tires, and perhaps a cage. Everything else is laying around, including the 850 Holley or Demon double pump carbs I will be converting to E85. I am predicting 11s for about $2500 total with a steel front end, and if I can get the fenders and shit to work right with the glass, it will be less than $1000 more for me to build doors, fenders, hood, bumpers, and trunk lid at home. With it down around 2800lbs, it should tickle the tens.

Comment

Ahh! Best news in ages!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
              Ahh! Best news in ages!
              I know right, one of the low buck machines is getting DONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                That is what I am doing. I have earned what I have in life, and I can choose to share it, or not with whomever I please. She decided to take off, so she gets nuthin. All I had to do was figure out where I was going to live, and that is pretty much handled now.

I am living for me, and I discovered just how expensive that woman is. The car projects are going to be singing right along now, because of the money I am saving by switching to single.

Here is the deal, I am down to 253 this morning, been dropping a pound to two pounds per day with simple exercise and diet. I am already looking good, but headed to 210, with luck before the end of August. What happens then you may ask? The new semester at NMU starts, that is what. I am financially secure with passive income, have a place to live, own old cars and a pretty red one that people up here dont own and drive unless they are well off. I am a good looking guy, and women love my voice. They like the gray hair in my beard, and I get looks all the time, even when I was much fatter.

I have changed my lifestyle for the better. Mostly because last year when I got messed up by the paint, it left me helpless and unable to do anything. Never again will I be fat, never again will I sit around and be inactive. I have shit to do. The cool part is I know I can have any woman I want, and the best part is I dont really want one. Ok, well I dont want one all the time, and I dont want one sponging off me like they always have.

So today I orderd parts for the LeMans. Upper control arms to fit tall spindles from the parts Camaro, lift bars for the rear, and the patch panel that I forgot to order a while ago for the pass side quarter. The engine is going together today along with more body work. The transmission parts are all here, I just need to throw them into the good case I brought back in May, and then stuff it in the car behind the engine. I sprung for paint because I have plenty of budget for this thing, and its going to be two tone, gold on top, dark metallic blue on bottom. I am building a hood for it from glass resin and other things, will be adding some support to it with foam and some graphite rods.

The only things I still need for this car and the $5k challenge build, is a fuel tank, some tires, and perhaps a cage. Everything else is laying around, including the 850 Holley or Demon double pump carbs I will be converting to E85. I am predicting 11s for about $2500 total with a steel front end, and if I can get the fenders and shit to work right with the glass, it will be less than $1000 more for me to build doors, fenders, hood, bumpers, and trunk lid at home. With it down around 2800lbs, it should tickle the tens.
                Good deal Todd ... perfect attitude! Which reminds me, I'm gonna PmM you in a few days about converting a Holley 3310 to E85 ....
                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I'm probably wrong

Comment

Good for you.
                    Great attitude.......gettin yourself in shape has many great benefits.

Cars are a great way to relief that stress..........and gettin to know some
                    of that college poon will help even better.

You got survival skills........good luck man.
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Took the 70 for a spin today, that engine is a monster. Sadly the 700R4 behind it isnt much of a monster. Needs to be swapped for a Th400. Also the only lights that work are the drivers side tail lights, and it wont start once its warm because the starter cant hang. So it needs $2k worth of wiring and related parts to be right enough to cruise, the transmission is silly easy for me, I have three of them laying around. Just annoyed the 700 wont hold the power in anything but first, and yeah the TV is set right.

Comment

Comment

Knew you wouldn't stay down for long. An old teacher of mine, Mrs Hill, once told me success is the greatest revenge. She was right.

Keep it up bro, this aint nothin you can't handle.
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Rock on!
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                              X