Electric Car Weasel Arrested for Stealing Power From Taxpayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Car Weasel Arrested for Stealing Power From Taxpayers

Right on! We've got to nip this kind 'o greeniac crap in the bud.

Warning, you may feel some of your essence drain from your body when you read about this Reddy Kilowatt bandit.

By Daniella Silva, NBC News

A Georgia man found himself in handcuffs after charging his electric car outside a middle school where his son was playing tennis in what police alleged was unlawful “theft” of county power worth roughly five cents.

Kaveh Kamooneh, of Decatur, said he was attending a Saturday morning tennis practice session for his 11-year-old son on Nov. 2 when he plugged in his electric car at a power outlet outside Chamblee Middle School.

Kamooneh, 50, [OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER AND TO DRIVE SOMETHING OTHER THAN A UBER WUSSMOBILE] said he was alarmed when, soon after, he saw a police officer inspecting his Nissan LEAF.

I guess if someone plugged into my 'tricity w/out asking I'd demand payment ... or I'd ask that charges be filed.
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

this guy should surely be hung for such willful disregard for the law!
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

punishment should fit the crime... although they did present an attractive nuisance. Oh well. Confiscate the car and sell it at auction.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          punishment should fit the crime... although they did present an attractive nuisance. Oh well. Confiscate the car and sell it at auction.
          Or plug him into an electrical outlet!

Comment

.05 worth of electricity may be excessive...

Comment

It's not the volts .... it's the amps that get ya

Comment

$0.05... Pfft
                His attitude sucks! Throw the book at him!

Really.. Where is the line drawn?
                Wake up some morning and find a bunch of cars plugged in your Xmas display...
                "But offisher, it was laying in the yard!"...

If he really needed the charge, I can see it, but aparantly he has severe planning deficency...
                His sense of entitlement really is crappy..

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                  It's not the volts .... it's the amps that get ya
                  watts is watts...

Comment

what?

Comment

What watt? Ohm those volts...

Comment

My question is why does the school have outlets in the parking lot?? I know at my kids schools there are no outlets in the parking lot, in that fact there are no outlets on the outside of the school. They do that so people don't do this exact thing. You should always ask before taking, that's what this is really about.

So saying that, you know what really pisses me off, when someone just walks up and plugs their phone charger into one of my power outlets at my apartments, maybe next time that happens I'll just call the cops and have them arrested for stealing my electricity.
                        The Green Machine.
                        http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

that was my comment about attractive nuisance. Any lawyer worth the paper their degree is printed on can get him off.

I'm paying .12 a kw/h here which is really high compared to Randal. Out there, his .05 theft would leave a pile of char.
                          Last edited by Beagle; December 4, 2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                            $0.05... Pfft
                            His attitude sucks! Throw the book at him!

Really.. Where is the line drawn?
                            Wake up some morning and find a bunch of cars plugged in your Xmas display...
                            "But offisher, it was laying in the yard!"...

If he really needed the charge, I can see it, but aparantly he has severe planning deficency...
                            His sense of entitlement really is crappy..
                            ROTFL. We wouldn't tolerate somebody syphoning gasoline from school buses, would we? This is the tree-hugger version of the same thing.

Lots of people busted over the years for seemingly petty thefts.

I agree, the lack of remorse and the "entitlement" mentality are what strikes me about that clueless boob.

Of course if I found some "Willie Wiredhand" . . .

(Willie versus Reddy)

. . . trespasser stealing electricity from me for his insufferable, holier-than-thou E-car wusswagon, I'd probably just cut up the cord . . .

One of those "clean hands" know-it-all types probably couldn't fix it himself and he'd have to spend $$$ at the dealer for a new one. That'd be punishment enough for me!

Comment

I didn't read the article, but a few weekends of community service pulling trashcans from the local tennis parks and cleaning the shitters will do a lot for "entitlement" too.
                              Last edited by Beagle; December 4, 2013, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X