NFL No Super Bowl Tailgating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL No Super Bowl Tailgating

The NFL will ban tailgating at this year's Super Bowl and prevent fans from walking to the event, which will take place on Feb. 2, 2013 at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey. The event may get more complicated if it snows that weekend and the Super Bowl becomes the "Ice Bowl"........NoFunLeague

I could be wrong, but somehow I suspect those with the financial wherewithal buy multiple tickets with face values from $500 to $2,600 probably aren't your average "tailgaters" anyhow . . . .

I wonder how much of this is an overreaction to the evil perpetrated at the Boston Marathon?

On the other hand, if the league, the unions, the local bureaucrats, and the mob could "score" enough off of tailgating, it would probably still be legal. "Follow the money . . . ."
    Last edited by 38P; December 9, 2013, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
      I could be wrong, but somehow I suspect those with the financial wherewithal buy multiple tickets with face values from $500 to $2,600 probably aren't your average "tailgaters" anyhow . . . .

I wonder how much of this is an overreaction to the evil perpetrated at the Boston Marathon?

On the other hand, if the league, the unions, the local bureaucrats, and the mob could "score" enough off of tailgating, it would probably still be legal. "Follow the money . . . ."
      It's always about money. Always. The powers at be can't collect stupid high amounts of money on beer, food, and such that the fans bring themselves. They are already raking everyone over the coals for this one. So badly, I bet that there won't be another one there for some time. Check out what fleabag motels in Jersey are asking for rooms that weekend.

I hope the Chiefs don't make it there now. Because telling a Chiefs fan he can't tailgate will probably start a riot.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

..."Follow the money . . . ."
        Those are the most prophetic words you've posted yet.
        Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

The only Chiefs fans I've known actually "tailgated" all the time . . . at home . . . at work . . . Just sayin.

BTW, I was shocked the first time I went to a big NASCAR track and saw they allowed "six-pack" coolers in the grandstands (our local dirt track had a strict "no outside food/drink" rule, which I assumed was generally universal) . . . until I realized that the average Southern NASCAR fan simply can't watch a 3-4 hour race on only a sixer . . . .

Comment

think this is more about keeping those without tickets from tailgating at the parking.. and well, like said above you can't sell as many beers if they are half cocked before they walk in.. I'm thinking those that spend 2-6 grand to go to that game will still tailgate.. no matter what they say.. whats the rent a cop gonna do..

Comment

The only Chiefs fans I've known actually "tailgated" all the time . . . at home . . . at work . . . Just sayin.

BTW, I was shocked the first time I went to a big NASCAR track and saw they allowed "six-pack" coolers in the grandstands (our local dirt track had a strict "no outside food/drink" rule, which I assumed was generally universal) . . . until I realized that the average Southern NASCAR fan simply can't watch a 3-4 hour race on only a sixer . . . .
              hey... let's watch that. I'm not a NASCAR fan and a six won't get me through the 3-4 hour nap! Try twelve. That's pretty good nap fuel.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Banning tailgating in February in New Jersey.

Maybe the NFL is doing the public a service.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Regal View Post
                  Banning tailgating in February in New Jersey.

Maybe the NFL is doing the public a service.
                  Next up, Roger Goodell will tackle drive-by shootings, the NJ crack whore seniority system, chemical plants, Camden, and banning Gov. Christie from all-you-can-eat smorgasbords . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    hey... let's watch that. I'm not a NASCAR fan and a six won't get me through the 3-4 hour nap! Try twelve. That's pretty good nap fuel.
                    Twelve? Is that the Texas way of spelling "suitcase?"

Just askin' . . . .

Disclaimer: Kids . . . The Outsider does not endorse substance abuse in any way, shape or form . . . that is unless it works like my endorsements of driving Ford Mustangs or not ruining your pathetic, near-death hooptie with America's favorite junkyard lump, the push-roddy LS V8 (in which case I'd use "reverse psychology" and advise you to guzzle non-stop like Bruab and Chad at a SEMA "kegger" . . . or DF & FINN at a "Roadkill" production meeting) . . . Just say NO . . .

and get back to school work . . . or shoveling the driveway . . . or whatever you're supposed to be doing . . . .

Comment

This was being considered after last years event. they said the mess that tailgaters left in the parking lots was really, really bad...And with the rash of drunken mornons falling to their death or serious injury...then, there is the money thing...I am sure they are losing revenue inside the stadium...
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

The Rose Bowl parking lot is amazingly destroyed by tailgaters long before the game is over. But, at $100 per car and $275 per bus, motorhome, and limo to park there more than covers a few unionized city workers to clean it up. You should see the Rose Parade route when the crowd leaves.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Yes ..I have lugged gallons of beer up nascat/nhra grandstands since I was 12 ..after 9am cocktail hour

Comment

Party starts at metlife stadium at 5 am on gameday

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                              Yes ..I have lugged gallons of beer up nascat/nhra grandstands since I was 12 ..after 9am cocktail hour
                              But from what I hear, it's the "trickle" back down that some might find objectionable.

(Regular riders of the NYC subway system merely shrug and enjoy the smells of "home")

Comment

Working...
                              X