Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stu Hilborn passes away yesterday

From Racer.com:

Stuart Hilborn, renowned for his high-performance automotive fuel-injection systems, passed away Monday at the age of 96.

A native of Calgary, Alberta, Hilborn moved to Southern California as a child and got involved with the burgeoning hot rod culture in the late 1930s. After World War II, he was a pioneer of mechanical fuel injection systems, which he tested on his own racecars. Their success led to them becoming adopted by pro racers. From 1949, Hilborn-injection systems equipped many top cars at Indianapolis.

Hilborn was inducted into the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Hall of Fame as well as the Hot Rod Magazine Speed Parts Hall of Fame. The company he founded continues to develop and sell performance products including mechanical and electronic fuel injection systems.

R.I.P. Stu... our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours! Godspeed!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Godspeed.....what an innovator.
      Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

another racing legend is gone... RIP STU

Comment

Godspeed... that is a nice run at 96.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

a person to stay inspired with.

I watched some interviews, they were at a table.. (I thought bangshift made those videos).

My own dynamics it gets challenged everywhere, air fuel related. I liked Stu Hilborn and his stories.

the timing of seeing those old guys talk on those videos, and the silliness of what I was doing getting challenged.. I kept my head up.

RIP.
            there is pioneers.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
            X