This is really cool... 500" Cadillac High Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is really cool... 500" Cadillac High Performance

I was looking around for headers for the 350 I just got back from the engine builder and somehow found this site
    My buddy has a 500 Cad sitting in an abandoned '51 Ford F-2 Pickup /TowTruck Project
    Hmmmm....If it'll lift the wheels on an '84 Fleetwood,then it should make my Malibu should flip over backwards

Check it out http://www.cadillachighperformance.c...wnGilbert.html

Re: This is really cool... 500" Cadillac High Performance

THAT IS 100% BAD ASS!!!
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

And they weigh not that more then a SBC!
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

You sure about that one Husk? Buick Big blocks are only about 50lbs more than an SBC but I'm pretty sure a Caddy monster is just that, a monster.
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
          You sure about that one Husk? Buick Big blocks are only about 50lbs more than an SBC but I'm pretty sure a Caddy monster is just that, a monster.
          they're close in weight to a SBC than a BBC. I was skeptical until we started building one. Physically, they're not that big either.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

That Cad was in an episode of Pinks All Out last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle
              Caddy is about 50 pounds more than a SBC too - and the headers couldn't be any worse than a pontiac.
              I thought I saw some place for Caddy headers they used off the shelf BBC, cut the BBC flange off and welded on a Caddy flange. IIRC, tube location of the BBC is very close to the Caddy's. I also seem to recall reading that Caddy heads flow about the same as oval port BBC.

When I was in high school I drove a 58 Rambler just because it was so off the wall with those fins and oval tail lights. I often think it would be a lot of fun to find another one and stuff a 500 Caddy in it. Man, you imagine how bad some one would feel by being blown away by an old Rambler?
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Grab yourself a 500 from the 70 Eldorado and you get 400 hp and 550 ft lbs of torque at a ridiculously low 2300 rpm. That's stock!!. Add a better intake, Holley 850 carb, cam and headers and you've got close to 500 hp that easy plus enough torque to pull down a house.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                  Grab yourself a 500 from the 70 Eldorado and you get 400 hp and 550 ft lbs of torque at a ridiculously low 2300 rpm. That's stock!!. Add a better intake, Holley 850 carb, cam and headers and you've got close to 500 hp that easy plus enough torque to pull down a house.
                  Remember what the Bad Seed Chevette had in it? The heads were from a '68 Caddy big block. Raised the compression to something like 12-12.5:1 Do that swap at the same time and gain quite a bit more. The '70 motor is something like 9:1.

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK
                    Remember what the Bad Seed Chevette had in it? The heads were from a '68 Caddy big block. Raised the compression to something like 12-12.5:1 Do that swap at the same time and gain quite a bit more. The '70 motor is something like 9:1.
                    10.25:1

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK
                      10.25:1
                      What size was that '68 motor? 468 or 472?

Comment

Comment

The first Caddy motor article I remember is the El Camino that Hot Rod did. It may have been Rob Kinnan's story.

I think they plunked a basically stock motor into the elky and took it to Terminal Island to run it. I don't remember what it ran, but I know my high school buddies and I wanted to do the same thing. Neat about the headers, I never knew that.

I did know about the 472 heads on a 500 for increased compression.

Brian
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Depends on the year of the 500 short block. By 76 the compression was down 7.6:1.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Don't the Caddy motors have windowed main webbing like the Olds?

Comment

Working...
                              X