Riggin' up the lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riggin' up the lights

Spent all day so far stringing lights, while the wife and a bunch of her friends baked cookies. Now we're off to find the perfect tree.

At least it wasn't windy today... two years ago I nearly died. The peak at the front of the house is 22 foot or so up, and that big extension ladder gets a little shaky when you're that high and the wind is doing its best to knock you down.

The best part is the cookies. num num num
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Re: Riggin' up the lights

Put my lights up last Friday when it was warm out. Luckily I own a one story ranch.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Every time I have to climb up to the roof, I curse myself for not building a rancher. Our original plans were to do that, but it was a little too costly. We built our 2-story for $30k less, and there's about 200 sq ft more floor space. Less foundation and roof; its cheaper to build up than out.
      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

We spent some time today putting lights on the Dart and the Camaro..this year the local Christmas parade (50th annual!) is at night, so it'll be fun. Our car club has been in it for the past 20 years.

those new LED light strings work nice with a cheap cigarette lighter inverter.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I was putting them up today too. Not bad out there we are going to our local parade tonight too and bringing
          flasks with Canadian Club in there.

Comment

I finished putting lights on the outside of the house.

After having to go the store twice to return new lights that were bad and ones that were the wrong color, restring a couple of sets because they would not plug into the others, I went inside, sat down, had a drink and watched some football.

Comment

For years I was really into decorating for Christmas. Now, I pull the 2 foot tall fiber-optic tree out of the trash bag and plug it in, DONE! ;D
              Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Working...
              X