Arley Langlo attempts to qualify again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arley Langlo attempts to qualify again

First run, couldn't get into reverse after the burnout, they send him on down, no time.
    Next, blows it up running a 5.80
    Next, barely makes it past the tree under power, a 15 something.
    If I was the guy from Qatar, I'd have one more team with ol' Arley as the shoe. We know he can drive, he just needs a ride that stays together longer than 150 feet.
    Actually, I'd have two more teams...another FC with Nasty Benjamin at the wheel.

Re: Arley Langlo attempts to qualify again

That man is my fire spewing, parts destructing, baby scaring, hero.

Long live Arley and Jay!

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I need to know more about this guy........sounds like my luck!

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
        I need to know more about this guy........sounds like my luck!
        Theres plenty about Arley on the Net. I think Cole Coonce did a nice piece. Arley doen't much care for the "store bought" dragsters. Much like Dave Benjamin, who once whittled his own three valve heads out of billet. I consider guys like this to be the true hot rodders left in pro drag racing.

Comment

Just did the'net search, read the Coonce article....laughed harder than I have all week.

sounds like this cat deserves the "Hard Luck Award" if anyone ever did.

The fact that he refuses to cave to the "easy way out" just re-inforces some of my own ideas.

Comment

Jay Roach is one of a kind. He can take an aluminum block that Brad would through away and fix it. He used to repair all of Worshams stuff.
            His shop is an old gas station that was built in the early 1900's. It is a maze of added on rooms and sheds. He welds the blocks outside in a lean to shed.
            A lot of his equipment is stuff that he has scrounged and modified to his needs. We gave him and old used up surface grinder years ago. We figured it was scrap but Jay did his magic on it and it is still being used today.
            The real kicker is his shop is right across the street from Opras Santa Barbara estate. Somehow he manages to stay there. I'm sure the city fathers and Opra would love to see him move but He was there long before the beautiful people moved in.

Comment

i'm sure Chuck has given him a few tips along the way so i wonder why he hasn't ran any better.
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

A/Fuel,
                Jay is a different kinda guy, I doubt that he really listens to anyone.

Comment

The Coonce piece is at least a little better than the average Langlo story.

But I have a hard time believing they don't have the money to at least hire the right people to make that thing AT LEAST ONCE make a clean pass. Seriously. They've been making the events for so many years, the money is obviously there.

Grassroots is cool when you're doing it right, but...
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

thats sure what it sounds like. sometimes these guys are their own worst enemy.
                    it's kinda heart breaking cause i'd like to see him do well. i've delt with guys like that before, and it's easier to just go bang your head on a wall. it turns into more of a battle of psychology. you really need two guys. one to zip-tie him to his tool box, and another to tune the car.
                    i swear.....owner, driver, crew chiefs, are the worst.
                    Originally posted by TC
                    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

There is a guy named Mike Craig that tried to run a 14 degree J/F deal for a while. His favorite saying was
                      "Would someone please just handcuff me and lock me in the trailer."
                      The good news is he isn't in J/F any more
                      The bad news is he now has a nostalgia top Fuel Car.
                      I may be able to here the blast from my living room.

Comment

Originally posted by jfuelracer
                        A/Fuel,
                        Jay is a different kinda guy, I doubt that he really listens to anyone.
                        Ding, ding, ding. You are the winner of this whole story. The problem with Jay is he thinks he knows everything, and does not listen. A lot of guys try to help them out with parts and advice; he built his own heads and is probably still using them. He is a very smart guy and sometimes smart people are too smart for their own good. Jay I love ya like an uncle but take the advice of the other pros helping you out and get some better heads. 8)

Comment

Working...
                        X