new pink floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new pink floyd

im checking it out now. anybody buy or like it?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

That's quite a sig you have there Joe!
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

I'll be checking it out, even my 17 yr old is a fan!
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

The Endless River is mostly instrumental music based on unreleased material written, recorded and produced during The Division Bell sessions in 1994. Asked if this is the last Pink Floyd album, Gilmour replied: "Yes, I'm pretty certain that there will not be any sort of follow-up after this."
        Last edited by Monster; December 28, 2014, 04:41 AM.

Comment

good stuff.
          I was reading on the beginnings of pink floyd, a piano tune that was meant to be playing music to a movie..and the director did not like it.
          ended up being a famous song...immortalized. A bit of trivia.

I found those tying visual to the chore seems to go farther, as if to take in the environment at the time of music making.
          it will always be good.

youtubers everywhere do that today..

anyway, here is that song that started off elsewhere, with a bad opinion at first:

Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 28, 2014, 08:16 AM.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I find it interesting that you talk about the beginnings of the band and then select a sample song from their 8th album. Are you saying "Us and Them" was written and demo'd much earlier that 1973 ?

Comment

beginnings with Syd Barrett in the mid sixties... doesn't sound the same as Alan Parsons produced Pink Floyd at all.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Alan parsons project, " Tales of mystery and imagination ". Same guy?
                Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Yep - that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    beginnings with Syd Barrett in the mid sixties... doesn't sound the same as Alan Parsons produced Pink Floyd at all.
                    It's difficult for me to determine if your post is a response to my question, or a non-related observation ...

Comment

what, I can't derail the conversation with comments about the mentally unstable and how diverse the band's sounds were over the years?

general observation.

Comment

i dont really care for the new CD. maybe it'll grow on me later ? not hating it, just kinda sounds like a bunch of whale songs or something. i was expecting much better since they took over a year to make this. oh, well.

i did see them live back in the late 80s, early 90s. i think it was the momentary lapse of reason tour? great concert !

from what i understand, sid barret went crazy, bacame a hernit, and dropped out of society. ? supposevely "shine on you crazy diamond" is all about him. IDK? before my time a bit, lol.
                        This song has been uploaded many times its entirety, but my video has the timestamps for all nine parts. Can the majority say the same? I think not! I'd imag...

good to see them still jamming though.

Comment

I've always thought Gilmour to be one of the most tasteful guitarists on earth, I simply love the sound, the intonation, the sustain. Like B.B. King. No comparison, style-wise, but if B.B. King hits one single note , you immediately know that's him. That sound. Same way with Gilmour. Except for that instrumental stuff on that release. It just doesn't sound like him. You can almost tell they're fishing around for something.

It's great and all, but it's for sure over my head, I sure can't do it. Maybe his guitar leads compliment a vocal song so well, that's just what I'm used to hearing.

Who has a Pink Floyd album old enough to have heard "Seamus the Dog?" Yeah, they've been diverse in style over the years, that's for sure.
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                          X