Next- 68 Cuda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next- 68 Cuda

I'm pretty proud of getting my 83 Chrysler 5th Avenue back on the road last week, but from some of the post it seems like some are questioning the street cred of that sweet ride.

Anyway, with the momentum from finishing the 5th for motivation, I have this '68 Barracuda that is just sitting there needing just an engine, already made roadworthy a few years back, but pulled the engine for a build. Weighed 3005 lbs with the old all-iron 318, and has a 4.10 sure grip and 904. Thinking of just bolting in a 408 SB and adding a set of vintage lakewood slapper bars pulled off a 'bee that I've been saving for 11 years. I have one 408 street engine all done and ready for a home, but have another that needs a some cylinder head work (valvejob) that makes 115 more hp with a tunnel ram and solid roller. Just need to decide whether to just bolt in the engine that is ready to go, or wait to fix the more powerful engine (670 hp W5).
    -dulcich

Re: Next- 68 Cuda

go with the tunnel rammed motor, 670hp should wake that Cuda up nicely! what's happening with the Dart?

Comment

Whatever you do, don't paint it. It's perfect now.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Good things come to those who wait. x2 for leaving it flat black.
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

What's the story on the '68 Charger sitting next to it? Is that yours too? Is that an E-body next to it? I'd use the 408 that's all done and ready to drop in.

Comment

Drop in the W5 and clone this car... ;D

1970 Trans Am race at Lime Rock. #29 Barracuda driven by Gerald Robinson

Comment

id like to know more about the charger aswell.

Comment

It is a 68 R/T I bought quite a while ago as a roller for 300 bucks (yeah, quite a while ago). Auto A/C car. You know the story, "Gunna to restore it someday." Needs trunk floor, pretty solid and straight body. If I dropped a 440 and 727 in it, it would be driveable. Saw it setting under a big ol' oak tree and peeled off the three bills and then flat-towed it home.

Challenger is a '70 I bought a few years ago for $300 when I was looking for a fender for my 71 R/T. "I'm gunna restore it some day." Car is complete and straight, dry, rod through the block. Guy had it and was going to run it into an irrigation sump hole with a dozer and I decided to save it.
                -dulcich

Comment

Since the 5th is up and running, I'd wait and get the tunnel ram motor fixed and drop it in there.

And no questioning the street cred of the 5th here! ;D

Comment

This guy is trying to give DF and Chad a run for their money. A car a week! Corvettes, Cudas, Challengers, oh my!
                    1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Nice Plymouth.
                      I think I would put the 408 in the car.
                      With a tunnelram-engine you'll have decide where to cut the hood. And with the inserts in the hood (and the obvious Mopar engine-offset) the hole may end up 'obviously' offset and larger than you wish. Put the TR in the Challenger.

Oh and fix the piece of ground under the Charger's tire... ;D
                      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Put the running 408 into it and enjoy it. At 3000lbs it will still scoot pretty damn good!

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich
                          It is a 68 R/T I bought quite a while ago as a roller for 300 bucks (yeah, quite a while ago). Auto A/C car. You know the story, "Gunna to restore it someday." Needs trunk floor, pretty solid and straight body. If I dropped a 440 and 727 in it, it would be driveable. Saw it setting under a big ol' oak tree and peeled off the three bills and then flat-towed it home.

Challenger is a '70 I bought a few years ago for $300 when I was looking for a fender for my 71 R/T. "I'm gunna restore it some day." Car is complete and straight, dry, rod through the block. Guy had it and was going to run it into an irrigation sump hole with a dozer and I decided to save it.
                          -dulcich
                          Wow, $300 - that's a hell of a deal. I paid $6500 for my '68 R/T and I thought I got a pretty good deal. Mine was a 440 4-speed, but someone put a '78 440 and 727 in it, and hacked up the tunnel a bit in the process. They cut the radiator core support too, otherwise it's in really good shape. Good luck with the projects.

Comment

A man with a plan and motivation, a good combination Hard to beat. Bigger is better under the hood, like Reb says don't paint it.
                            I remember MY $300 Charger too, it was a nice 70 , sold it to pay fines I got with my 70 Coronet 500, so I wouldn't lose my license, still lost em, for 9 mnths.

Comment

You're a machine man, already on to the next project!

Tunnel ram and f-ck bolting on a hood, slap on some fat Cragars out back for that 70's street machine vibe 8)

If that's not an option, I'd say the 408 will do...certainly more sane and less of a cop magnet, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X