Dodge Diplomat Police Car $1500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge Diplomat Police Car $1500

Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

That's cheap for a Diplomat, usually old cop cars go for more money.
    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Actually, barring a few oddballs, Diplomats, cop cars or not, stay pretty low. Usually $2K for a full kit cop like that one is the max.
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

i had an 85 unmarked, one of the slowest cars ive ever owned. i really liked it though. decent ride and handled pretty good for a big car. wierd to get used tothe height of the seat vs hood and steering wheel though.

Comment

Originally posted by 1931s/x View Post
          i had an 85 unmarked, one of the slowest cars ive ever owned. i really liked it though. decent ride and handled pretty good for a big car. wierd to get used tothe height of the seat vs hood and steering wheel though.
          were those first years for tall geared?
          the front ends bent local. No such thing as slow v8..if it is slow it putting power someplace else.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

They were tall geared the whole run...the best gearing I've ever heard for one was 2.94 with a Sure-Grip. Usually, the civi and some of the A38/AHB cars came with a 2.24 one-legger. Front ends of the earlier Kenosha-built cars had weak K-frames. Best HP rating was 175hp/250ft/lb for a four-barrel 318, or 160hp/265ft/lb for a E58 360 squad car. There have been rumors of several districts, including Florida, New York, Nevada, and Colorado swapping the original motor for the Direct Connection engine rated appx. 350hp/425ft/lb.

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

When my Dad was Marshal, he was issued a new '82 Diplomat police package. Since he was the HMFIC, he drove it everywhere, ran us kids to school, out to dinner .... you name it. It seemed to run really well. IIRC, it was bought under a fleet purchase with the CSP's fleet .... so there may some truth to that Bryan.
              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

it was slow. slow up top and slow down low.

Comment

oh and it had that damn lockout on the shifter to keep it from going into 1st.
                  there is a guy in nj with a pearl white one with a 340 6 pack. pretty cool.
                  Last edited by 1931s/x; January 14, 2012, 07:51 PM.

Comment

After seven of 'em, I've never seen that 1st gear lockout...

Comment

i thought something was wrong with it i tried adjusting the linkage and no matter what i did it would not go into 1st gear.

Comment

Working...
                      X