No announcement yet.

I need help,engine smokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well ,heads are coming off!Broke a stud while removing,it broke like REALLY easy..

Comment

He builds racing engines but does he build street engines? I do get the guy's name here but he had that mid 60's Olds 442 that he kept having problems with. He ended up in Hot Rod magnetic and they fixed him. One of his big problems was the shop was setting bearing clearance loose like you would on a race engine. Maybe you have too much bearing clearance and your really oiling up the cylinders?

I would think if you have a guide issue or a intake sealing issue you would see oil or deposits on the back side of the valves.
      Last edited by Huskinhano; March 8, 2016, 06:04 AM.
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

He actually told me he didn't do street engines,said he only does high hp engines.I told him ok,I'll go elsewhere and he said he could do it..I later found out he does street rods,racing boats (offshore),and circle track cars.He definitely does hotrods and classic cars though..I think he rushed mine to be honest..My bro n laws engine he built for his IMCA Modified has lasted for 6 seasons..

Comment

Working...
        X