Need qjet help (idle tubes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need qjet help (idle tubes)

Q jet idle tubes came out easy enough. Now one of the new idle tubes falls right in though. It's so loose it won't sit flush with the main body one falls all the way in. Is this okay?

it has to sit up some, or it won't idle tube.
    if you have to use it, maybe cut a 45 on the end? keep it from closing off.

monojet is an older version of the same thing. I swapped 250ci to 108.
    very dynamical carbs.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I guess I don't get what you mean? The idle tubes can't be cut at all because they would fall down into the fuel supply even easier. Could I use like rtv sealant or epoxy or something to get them to seat right?

Comment

They should be press fit into the upper air horn portion. I've had them fall out into the carb, but they've always tapped back in. Gas is pretty hard on rtv and most epoxies ( jb weld will last a little while but will eventual pull away from the base material, or thats at least been my luck.)

Comment

what about liquid metal filler? think that would work? also this car is going to run e85 so alcohol is the main ingredient here

Comment

Not sure to tell you the truth, I can tell you that solder doesn't stick to carburetors.

Comment

Crap. I put the idle tubes in there with epoxy just to see how it runs. I got the carb kit from ruggles, called his shop a few times but haven’t got a hold of him yet. Another funny thing to..... just realized yesterday the idle tubes are different sizes after using that epoxy. I have terrible luck in the garage I tell ya

Comment

Working...
              X