What installation kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What installation kit?

Would I just buy a regular 8.5 rear installation kit even though I have a BOP rear that dosent use C-clips?
    Is there a specific one for this rear? Does anyone know what im talking about :P?

Re: What installation kit?

the diffs were different
    look for a 12 bolt ?

Comment

Spidey,no 12 bolt for these cars none are wide enough.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
        Would I just buy a regular 8.5 rear installation kit even though I have a BOP rear that dosent use C-clips?
        Is there a specific one for this rear? Does anyone know what im talking about :P?
        No, you need the right install kit as the 8.5 Corporate is not the same as the earlier 8.2 BOP with the bolt in axles.
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
          No, you need the right install kit as the 8.5 Corporate is not the same as the earlier 8.2 BOP with the bolt in axles.
          Right,its the 8.5 with the bolt in axles.So the whole kit is different (excluding the obvious axle bearings and seals) than a regular Chevy 8.5?

Comment

Heres the scoop from what I can gather. The only difference between the BOP 8.5 and the c-clip 8.5 is the
            axle bearings.The part #'s for the bearings from the timken catalog are the same for both rears but the axle's.

Comment

Spidey,no 12 bolt for these cars none are wide enough.
              I know , we are running an el camino frame in the mercury , the frame has been cee'ed to clear the super lowering job
              handles great

Comment

Working...
              X