cleansing wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleansing wires

I came across something interesting playing with my old subaru.

The ever common trick of warm water and plain baking soda in a jug, to clean the terminals dip them in, watch the copper sulfate bubble off to a spotless terminal. I always find that everything is brighter.. and know it is more than the terminal being clean doing it.

something at a bi-carbonate molecular level is burrowing its way through 28 year old wires to act like new.

Anyway, no need to babble my nerdiness tried and true..

I found a carpet odorizer called "arm and hammer baking soda with oxi clean".

Adds something very nice to the chore. Have fun with your old car. Just thought I would share this tip. I actually learned it without intention. My baking soda box is small, and used for something else, did not want to steal it for the battery terminal chore. Found my carpet odorizer instead. Dissolves just the same...with a pleasant surprise hooked back up.

only reading from the wikipedia article to learn. The latin name means "aerated salt", appropriate enough.. but I was looking for something else. Wires are radioactive to whatever hertz we set. Most often 60...and move things like cathode-anode games over the years.

So I got to thinking what natural element counters a dirty hertz. The other name for aerated salt was potassium bi-carbonate. Potassium has natural good uses for human interacton with nuclear, among other radiological events (x-rays etc etc).

anyway, thought I'd share. Cars need medicine too.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 5, 2013, 04:35 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

diesel oil (fuel, not the engine oil) and kerosene in a squirt bottle for cars on the coast goes a long way, so does Water Displacement Formula 40.
    Last edited by Beagle; December 5, 2013, 04:52 PM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      diesel oil (fuel, not the engine oil) and kerosene in a squirt bottle for cars on the coast goes a long way, so does Water Displacement Formula 40.
      non molecular, just a slippery goop maker..but that is old school.

the purpose of the chemical reaction is to follow the only poison that kills wires as cathode-anode (normal life): batteries and caps.

the other bonus to the soda, as ternminals went away from lead, there is alot of sharp nooks and crannies, a brush cannot get in at them, the new hookups being metal, copper chromed or whatever. The soda digs right in.

this was miraculous enough to mention here at bangshift. The ways you mentioned are what I needed to get away from.

on another note, I just found a tool to add to the tool thread, my #1 gripe for several years now has a clever answer.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 6, 2013, 06:51 PM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Don't leave magnesium shaving unattended on the hot plate?
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          Don't leave magnesium shaving unattended on the hot plate?
          That makes excellent kindling!
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            That makes excellent kindling!
            Wintertime scrap iron cutting trick is to use rubber snubbers, etc burning near you to relight he torch...
            The smart ones (me, with asthma) wouls use a piece of mower deck, once it burns, it stays burning..
            Or a bunch of broken pallets for warming fires..

Comment

Working...
            X