Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready to EFI my 1981 Delorean and would appreciate advice

http://picasaweb.google.com/10875513...OHZvd-DlubkVA#
    I've been reading through this forum and there is a lot of good stuff for me to learn. I'm going EFI (MS II I'm pretty sure) to replace the Bosch K Jetronics on my 1981 Delorean DMC12.

The above link is to some pictures I posted of my Peugeot 604 manifold, the LT1 throttle body, the aluminum adapters I'm struggling with, the fuel injectors (19#) and the bungs to mount them. For anyone with some experience, I would appreciate some advice.

Mount TB vertically or horizontally with some kind of elbow adapter? The water tubes are all probably going to be removed as this really isn't an issue here in Texas and it will clean things up nicely.
    In the pictures of me holding the injector in the bung against the manifold, is any angle more preferred?
    Should the bungs be cut down? Angle cut? If so, should the injectors protrude from them or be recessed?
    How much should the bung protrude into the manifold opening?
    Is there a technique to weld those bungs in without warping the manifold, or should I JB weld them in?

I really want to make this a "plug and play" installation so that I don't do anything irreversible to the car. I'll block off the existing injector holes and therefore not have to modify them. After the mechanics of the TB to manifold mounting and injector insertion is done I will tackle adding a fuel rail (or SS braided pigtails perhaps) and a gauge/regulator. In looking at it, I think the existing throttle cable can be made to work with a couple of carfully placed standoffs to position it. The front hole will be blanked off. I'm not even positive on the front to back orientation, but it's symetrical, so I have options.

Any advice is welcomed!

Re: Ready to EFI my 1981 Delorean and would appreciate advice

A vertical TB would probably flow better on that intake but it really depends on where you can package it.

For the injector bungs, it's best to cut them as short as reasonably practical and point them at the intake valves. At least in theory. This may not be practical, but try to come fairly close. Although you probably won't screw things up too badly if the injectors are perpendicular to the runners, this isn't ideal.

Comment

What ever happened to that guy "Dark Star Media" Matt? He had a *clean* delorean that, I think, was the first to get the MS-II working with the oddfire distributor... hopefully he or someone wrote a "how to" because, there are few other EMS's that'll run the oddfire engine.

His was a good running car. We tuned it on the Spectre dyno during the west coast megameet in 2007,

-Scott
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

We still buy some of our items from him, but I haven't seen him around the forums in a while.

Comment

DG,

I thought the same thing when I read this post. His car had a modified intake with another throttle body of some kind on it and it ran really well, for a Delorean anyway.

:P
          "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Working...
          X