optical spark and a cdi box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• optical spark and a cdi box

This is a universal question, I deciphered my 1994 loyale disty as being similar to the 92-96 lt1 optical pickup.

I am curious what boxes you have run to aid in the digital function.

I successfully hooked up an accel 300+ digitial ignition controller to the base signal of an optical pickup disty (I simply found it with a multimeter).

No use for the second track of 1 degree increments, but am curious what one does with aftermarket stuff to use everything the optical disty picks up.

..and lastly, weirdest of all. I needs no telling it to advance. Bizarre, right on the money. Is it using feedback from the engine ground it demands to have placed in the instructions? hard telling.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

If you are OK with the stock ECU's timing curve, you can wire the spark output from the factory ignition module to a CDI box to get timing advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
      If you are OK with the stock ECU's timing curve, you can wire the spark output from the factory ignition module to a CDI box to get timing advance.
      I did not mention this is an old school. no ECU.. in fact, it was last year for no feedback carb. Simply all draft. the combo is one of a kind, I made it. I did decipher how to map the accel 300+ to the Subaru optical. the setting to climb to 5600 rpm like the SPFI subarus (beautiful runtime), needed an 11250 rpm switch set on the accel...a convenient double. Not hard to decipher. With that said, the timing perfect made a tease to be a bit rich, and now the carb throttle is adjusted to the ignition ramp, which never changes. I do not know what I made, but it makes some big beautiful noise, 7000 rpm I let off on my own (it can keep climbing). project is very much complete.. the tinkerings now are external carb (as per most hot rods), and that is my youthful memories as fun.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 16, 2013, 02:08 PM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
      X