Sine Wave v. Square Wave crank trigger signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sine Wave v. Square Wave crank trigger signal

First, just make sure it's "calibrated" - when the computer says "25 degrees" make sure that the timing light shows the same thing. If not, adjust your trigger angle (or whatever your EMS calls it) until they read the same. It will have changed just a few degrees with the sensor swap.

I can send you what Huber runs, but I'm guessing you aren't going to push 400kpa. Really, it's a pretty simple map.

-scott
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I've calibrated it. Set it up at 10 degrees and ran a timing light, then 20 degrees to see if it would follow. Had to make some minor adjustments to the trigger angle but its working well.

I'd love to see Huber's table. But you are right, I won't be pushing 400 kpa!

Comment

email sent.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

FYI,

The mount that Huber uses, and the one that Horsewidower used are way overkill for an LS sensor. They are cool, and work great, but are not necessary. I also use the 36-1 Edis wheel on a custom arbor for Rusty, and have the LS sensor. I made a small angle bracket, sorry no pics right now, that holds the sensor mint. And, it is easily adjustable for angle, gap between the sensor and wheel, etc.

This isn't a "don't do it that way" post, it is more of a "don't think you have to be this fancy, and get scared away from doing it" post. ;D ;D ;D
          "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Ha, I thought I did a hack job!! Thanks for the (I think) complement. ;)

Comment

Working...
            X