HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION ON TOUR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION ON TOUR

F.Y.I. Wisconsin is expanding I-94 from the wi-il state line to the airport. adding 1 lane in each direction.
    although it may not be far enough along by june; it is unknown which areas will be done sooner because of the STIMULUS money flowing. The schedule for some of it will change and start earlier. it is already under construction in certain areas. I will try and post the important issues that will possibly be encountered by the tour here.
    All the interchanges will be done over a 4 year period. as far as the Racine on and off ramps and interchanges....none are on the 2009 schedule at this time.several going south are being done already; so that may be an issue to head to SOUTH BEND. more to follow.

Re: HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION ON TOUR

Originally posted by MIKEE
    STIMULUS money flowing.

Road construction in WI, never! I can't remember a summer when the interstate wasn't having something done to it in WI.

The Power Tour is a rolling stimulus!

Comment

We only have 2 seasons in Nebraska -
      Winter and Construction -
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Sounds like Oklahoma! The "orange barrels" are our state symbol!!!

Comment

Is Illinois done removing Blago's name from all the highway signs? That must have employed a bunch of people!

Comment

Originally posted by Leon
            Is Illinois done removing Blago's name from all the highway signs? That must have employed a bunch of people!
            Hey, don't mess with our (former Gov.) Blago (Governor Hairdo)!.....anyway, from the State of Corruption (Illinois)....I-294 (the Illinois tollway that rings around the Chicago area), there is some construction and lane reducers, but it still runs pretty good; the route from Racine to South Bend?....I think (?) they will go down I-94, through Chicago, it runs pretty good, particularly after rush hour (they added some lanes).......rexx

Comment

Two years ago on the K-zoo/Racine leg instead of taking the the loop around Chicago I took some advice from Trainman and followed Highway 41, AKA Lake Shore Drive, past Shoulder Field, the Harbor and Navy Pier. It was beautiful. Well, at least it was in the middle. Down around Calumet Park are some area that were a little "iffy".
              Non-denominational car nut.
              Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
              Do you go all the way?

Comment

Working...
              X