Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here ya go:

Dear Hot Rod Power Tour Participant,
    The 2016 Hot Rod Power Tour is next week and there are so many exciting things happening we want to make sure you plan ahead to do and see everything you can. Here’s a couple of more exciting activities brought to you by our sponsors that you won't want to miss. Please be sure to register or RSVP if that is requested.
    VISIT WICHITA - Hot Rod Power Tour Official Host City June 16, 2016
    Attention hot rod fans! Wichita is proud to be one of the stops on the 2016 Hot Rod Tour and we'd like you to explore all that Wichita has to offer. Enter to win a Visit Wichita prize package, which includes three experiences in the Old Town District: a one-night stay at Courtyard by Marriott, dinner at Public at the Brickyard AND two passes to a movie at Warren Theater.
    Just swing by the Visit Wichita booth at Kansas Pavilions on June 16 to get entered to win this fabulous prize package to EXPLORE Wichita!
    To check out all there is to see and do, go to visitwichita.com, and connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
    Burnouts, Coloring Contest, Stubby Bob And So Much More!
    “Holley and MSD are pleased to once again join our fans and customers on the 2016 Hot Rod Power Tour®! This year we’ll have our redesigned race trailer featuring our latest products from our family of brands. The trailer will be onsite so make sure you drop by let our crew fill you in on the latest and greatest from Holley/MSD!
    Holley/MSD is sponsoring our second annual burnout contest on Power Tour! Roadkill’s Mike Finnegan will be emceeing the Gross Display of Horsepower burnout contest at our Cruise Night on Sunday June 12 at Royal Purple Raceway. If you would like to be considered for participation in the 2016 contest, visit the following link and submit your information here. This year’s winner will receive a certificate for a brand new set of Continental Tires as well as a $500 product certificate from Holley/MSD!
    Do you know your Holley/MSD trivia? If so we’ve got your schwag! Watch for us to giveaway items nightly, so brush up on the trivia! Long Haulers will be pleased to know we are bringing our popular Long Hauler only magnet sets. This collector’s item is available in full only to the dedicated Long Haulers who come by the Holley/MSD trailer each day of Power Tour.
    We are also excited to announce our annual giveaway poster which features Roadkill’s famous “Stubby Bob”, a 1950 Ford F-6 two ton truck that features a Weiand supercharger, twin Holley carbs, Hooker Headers, and MSD ignition! The poster will come in two versions, a finished out masterpiece by hotrod artist Brian Stupski, and a black and white version for the kids. The black and white version will be distributed at each stop for kids to enter Holley’s Stubby Bob coloring contest! Kids - grab a poster, color it, and return it before week’s end to be considered for a $500 Holley product certificate to be given away on the last day of the Tour!
    Holley will be bringing cars along on Power Tour to enjoy the drive with you. Our 2016 Blackheart Camaro SS and 2015 Blackheart Scion FRS will be on the scene to showcase Hooker’s latest product line of premium stainless, 100% hand welded exhausts.
    We’ll see you on Hot Rod Power Tour!

A Couple of “Once-in-a-lifetime” Opportunities
    Circuit of the Americas is the premier destination for world-class motorsports and entertainment and the only purpose-built Formula One racetrack in the United States. Set on 1,500 acres in the rolling hills just outside downtown Austin, Circuit of the Americas has hosted the biggest names in racing, action sports and music since 2012.
    On Monday, June 13th, Circuit of the Americas is providing two different “once in a lifetime” opportunities for our 2016 Hot Rod Power Tour participants.
    COTA Parade Lap
    Want to drive your personal vehicle on the same racetrack that has seen numerous Formula 1 racing greats including current F1 points leaders Nico Rosberg, Lewis Hamilton, Daniel Ricciardo, Sebastian Vettel and countless others? Here’s your chance to drive in a lead-follow lap around the 3.41 mile, 20-turn track that is home to the United States Grand Prix.
    Circuit of The Americas Parade Lap
    3:00pm Monday, June 13th 2016
    $50 per vehicle
    To pre-register for your COTA Parade Lap please follow the link below.
    Onsite registration
    Open from 12pm-2:30pm at the Main Grandstand ticket office in Lot A. Must bring ticket, photo ID, and proof of insurance. Drivers and passengers must sign a liability waiver before receiving a participant wristband.
    Tower Observation Deck
    See the world from a new perspective. Take a trip to the top of the 25-story Observation Tower and experience breath-taking views of the circuit, the Central Texas countryside and the Austin skyline. It’s something that shouldn’t be missed.
    Tickets for purchase at the base of the Tower elevator
    $15 (Adults)
    $10 (Kids, military, seniors)
    Free Admission for HRPT Participants to a Special Motorsports
    Jesse Alexander, Fangio, Maserati, Reims, 1958. Pigment-based archival print, 11 x 18 inches. Courtesy of the artist.
    JESSE ALEXANDER: THE GOLDEN AGE OF MOTORSPORT
    Famous photographs from classic car races of the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s
    Special Offer to Hot Rod Power Tour participants on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday June 15, 16 & 17 use the Password “Mario Andretti” for free admission to HRPT participants.
    About the Exhibit: On view June 11 through October 2, 2016
    Wichita Art Museum
    1400 West Museum Blvd.
    Wichita Museum hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday (closed Mondays and major holidays)
    Admission: $7 adults, $5 seniors, youth $3, under 5 free
    1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
    1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
    1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
      Ok another email on stuff to do. I'm a little disappointed at this one, would love to do a LAP but at $50 just to say I drove on the track! Now if they would let us have some speed involved I'd jump on it!! I know liability and insurance is involved but 50 Buck's just to drive around maybe 10 or 20 at most, Indy has way more history and it was free! Maybe I'm asking to much. So anyone gonna go for it?
      The only reason Indy was free was one of the sponsors (Coker or Edlebrock I think) paid the tab.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Ahhhhhh............no.
        This was free, at 85 or so on the Kansas Speedway. Maybe they will offer something on Friday/Saturday......

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Thanks Jesse. I don't pre register, I think it puts a hex on my car leading up to PT. Getting the information is good though.

Comment

Not even close to worth it as far as I'm concerned. I really hope this isn't an indicator that Power Tour is trending towards JUST a money making venture.
            Power Tour '16 Long Hauler, '17 Short Haul, West Coast for a few years now...
            1970 Pontiac GTO 455HO Convertible
            2005 Cadillac CTS-V, Maggie'd

Comment

It probably has nothing to do with Hot Rod... I'm guessing that's the fee the track wants to charge?

I mean, we have two autocross and a drag race day that are free on 3 of the other days.
              1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
              1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
              1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

I'm only doing it for my son. And at a parade lap speed he can drive.
                Visit my sons blog:
                www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
                  I'm only doing it for my son. And at a parade lap speed he can drive.
                  Yea OK! How many times you reck'in you have to tell yourself that!
                  Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

they wanna charge spectator's $20 a car ,wonder if we see tumbleweeds and very few spectators

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post

Yea OK! How many times you reck'in you have to tell yourself that!

I only had to tell myself one time. I have no interest in the track. Only tracks I like are straight and a quarter mile long. But he on the other hand loves all that F1 stuff and if it gives us something to look back on and talk about 30 years from now when I'm old and gray then $50 is nothing.
                      Visit my sons blog:
                      www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Your booking memories Damon with Kobe that's what it's all about.
                        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

WOw that's crazy!! Good Guys at TMS they let you take a few laps about 50 cars at a time. You can hit the 85 mph toll way out of Circuit of the Americas as fast as you want and the liability is on you though.

Comment

Are they having anything at the Traders village stop? Autocross or something? I'm not on the tou but I'm going to check yall out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post
                              It probably has nothing to do with Hot Rod... I'm guessing that's the fee the track wants to charge?

I mean, we have two autocross and a drag race day that are free on 3 of the other days.
                              I paid it and drove it. It's been a bucket list item for me to drive that track, could have never gotten out there any other time for $50. Their track days are $700. There was a Camaro club in front of me and they would all hold back then nail it to catch back up. We hit the uphill into turn 1 at 70 mph, that was awesome.

The $50 was all COTA, nothing to do with Hot Rod. That track cost $400 million to build and they're not even close to recouping that investment. Not to mention the Austin and Texas governments have been screwing them royally. Austin annexed all of the land around the track after it was built, after COTA paid for the roads and bridges, then came around with their hands out. COTA had to sue the city to get a fair tax assessment. The track was promised $25 million per year from the State of Texas Major Events Trust Fund. They are now trying to renege on that deal.

Comment

So that means they have to take advantage of others?? $20 parking for spectators, overpriced concessions that you had to walk by just to get to the vendors. It was the venue I looked the most forward to, and was the biggest disappointment.
                                Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
                                Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
                                Kansas City 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X