Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
    Andy that's one nice ride my friend!
    Thank you sir! It's coming along nicely.
    Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post

Thank you sir! It's coming along nicely.
      But if you aren't in your truck I'm not sure I'll recognize you!
      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Yea I know! I'm really wanting to drive the Impala but I really, really want to take the truck!

Comment

10 Days........
          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

9 days.......I'm hedging on bringing all the racket making stuff with us...if it was tomorrow I wouldn't bring it.....still time to hedge some more.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Looking like I'm going to have to do a lot of driving next week. I hope I'm up to it.
              Had to make a emergency run to the beach house yesterday and back today because of the storm. 12hrs driving time. Brought back both golf carts, paintings, clothes and mermaid antique light. May end up taking it all back next week. If I don't it will be Christmas before I get down.

Comment

Dave you want have to worry about this. The Impala is not going to make it. I have to have the carrier bearing replaced in the drive shaft. It's going to take a while + I have to make a run down to the beach early next week to check on the house after this storm moves through! Sigh it never ends!

Comment

Andy, hope everything came through the storm ok!!!

Ok guys, have gotten really behind on posting since we opened the diner. We WILL DEFINITELY be there next weekend!!! I need a vacay some kinda bad!!!! Sue Unit and Diane, let me know if a menu has been decided on, I will be glad to bring something. Am REALLY, REALLY looking forward to seeing you guys again! Have an idea for a group project when we get there!
                  Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                  Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Thanks, me too. I'll know more Tuesday when I head down I think.
                    Weather is looking good. Cool though in the 70's for the high's and 40-50 at night. Bring some warm clothing!

Be prepared with the most accurate 10-day forecast for Cherokee, NC with highs, lows, chance of precipitation from The Weather Channel and Weather.com

Video of just down the road from our place. This is right on the marsh. We are a little further back but it gives a idea.

https://www.facebook.com/JeanL133/po...55255281324018
                    Last edited by Andy4639; October 9, 2016, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                      Andy, hope everything came through the storm ok!!!

Ok guys, have gotten really behind on posting since we opened the diner. We WILL DEFINITELY be there next weekend!!! I need a vacay some kinda bad!!!! Sue Unit and Diane, let me know if a menu has been decided on, I will be glad to bring something. Am REALLY, REALLY looking forward to seeing you guys again! Have an idea for a group project when we get there!
                      Diane said she plans on doing something in the crock pot for Saturday, though I don't know what. Kathy usually makes something too, and finally, I thought the KFC was nice and easy last trip,and figured we could do that again. (Terry, your potato salad went great with that). I wasn't planning on making anything.

Comment

Update on beach house. Friend of ours who rode it out sent me pictures of the house. Nothing major. A few pieces of siding under penning gone. I have some under the house to replace it with I think. No water in the yard and from what 5 friends have said never was. I plan to drive down Wednesday and come back Thursday night. These where taken today about 4pm. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4620.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	1126430
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4623.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	1126431

Now for the trip this weekend, Shelia is going to be making boiled peanuts, hot and salty both.
                        Last edited by Andy4639; October 9, 2016, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Glad to hear about your Beach house! Put about 60 more miles on the Vette to issues cropped up, the new oil line ( special only for Vette's ) is seeping some at the block and two rocker arm's we're tapping. Readjusted them and seems ok now, if they do it again I'm replacing the adjusting nut. Didn't have one this evening. Oil line don't know yet. It's testing my limits!
                          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Now for the trip this weekend, Shelia is going to be making boiled peanuts, hot and salty both.[/QUOTE]

What a treat! Thanks Sheila. I am thinking I could make a pumpkin cobbler for dessert. Not that we need dessert

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                              Glad to hear about your Beach house!
                              Readjusted them and seems ok now, if they do it again I'm replacing the adjusting nut.
                              AMEN glad the house is still there Andy, some are not!

And RE adjusting and getting ready, Red's got brakes again. After three weeks on jackstands. Gear Head Inn, here we come. Tick, tick, tick.
                              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

The truck will get a good cleaning Thursday afternoon. I'll have the tools and jack and chairs and a tent for night time if we need it.

Better bring some warm clothes people. It's suppose to be in the 40's at night.

I got the 64 SS back on the road today. Still not going to drive it though.
                                New u joints, carrier bearing, transmission seal and mount installed. She drove wonderful to work tonight.

Last edited by Andy4639; October 10, 2016, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X