Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Venue Announcement

From Jonny Mill on Facebook:

ANNOUNCEMENT: After a LOT of hard work we are able to announce HRPT venues this Thursday at PRI in the Media Center at 2:30pm EST. We will be going live on the Hot Rod Magazine Facebook page and will have a few more special announcements to go along with it.

Appreciate all of the support from this group! We are continuing to listen to the excellent feedback.

Post your questions, stories and pictures from this historic annual event across America! The 2020 Hot Rod Power Tour has been canceled. For more information regarding locations, registration, FAQ,...

Hopefully they get the kinks worked out of their live feed for this one. Any last minute guesses or insider info?
    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
    74 Nova Project
    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
    79 Chevy Truck Project
    1956 Cadillac Project

I'm thinking east, northeast from Bowling Green and ending up in Detroit (GM Proving Grounds)
    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Announcing venues and not just cities...very impressive. Feel like we will be missing out on months of speculation, rumors and reports from my-cousin's-best friend's-uncle who is an "insider".
      GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

What is PRI?
        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Camaro View Post
          What is PRI?
          Performance Racing Trade show @ Indianapolis.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Venues Thursday afternoon PRI Show
            Last edited by 1956NY150; December 6, 2017, 03:57 AM.

Comment

What is PRI?
              Performance Racing Industry -> http://www.performanceracing.com/tradeshow/

Comment

Venues will be announced this Thursday in afternoon

Comment

Come on Florida!
                  Last edited by Jesse James 80; December 6, 2017, 06:32 AM.
                  1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                  1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                  1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post

Performance Racing Trade show @ Indianapolis.
                    Well hell! No wonder I couldn't figure it out. The acronym turns left after the first couple of letters. Kind of like my name being Michael but I would abbreviate it BOB.

Comment

Well hell! No wonder I couldn't figure it out. The acronym turns left after the first couple of letters. Kind of like my name being Michael but I would abbreviate it BOB.
                      I had a senior moment and substituted "trade show" for "industry". I knew somebody would bail me out.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post

I had a senior moment and substituted "trade show" for "industry". I knew somebody would bail me out.
                        My life has become a senior moment. Excuse me - it's time for my nap.

Comment

HOT ROD Power Tour® is back and we are excited to announce not only the dates, but cities and some venues before the end of this year. The starting point for this year’s tour will be familiar to you Drag Week competitors. We’re kicking off at Beech Bend Raceway Park in Bowling Green, Kentucky. From there it’s due south to Chattanooga, Tennessee, and then on to Birmingham, Alabama at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium. Atlanta Motor Speedway is next in Hampton, Georgia. After ditching the speed bug at the track, it’s a long haul to Darlington, South Carolina to start the last half of the tour. Raleigh North Carolina is the second-to-last stop before ending at zMax Dragway in Concord

Comment

It's like a dream power tour for us carolinans, after the first day I'll never be more than 4-5 hours from home.

I am SO going. With it so close to home I might even consider taking the C10 this year.
                            Last edited by Jesse James 80; December 7, 2017, 12:44 PM.

Comment

And it's already up on the website:

The HOT ROD Power Tour event is billed as the largest traveling car show in the world.

I think they said registration opens in March??

Comment

Working...
                              X