"Motoring in the Mitten" - August 12-17, 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
    I am still trying to figure out how many suspension parts I need to bring to spend 2 weeks driving on Michigan roads
    and don't forget your favorite "Michigan left turns" too.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Actually the UP roads are in pretty good shape pothole wise, at least they were the last time we were there!
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by Redline04 View Post
        If an August cruise is very likely, a quick google check says Woodward would be the weekend of 19-20 August 2023?
        Would everyone gather/meet in St. Ignace the weekend before? Do a few day trips and then head south for Woodward to arrive on the 18th or 19th?
        Trying to get a grasp on what to expect for planning purposes.
        Oh, and a quick p.s. ~ might want to change the thread date to August 2023
        Yes, we're planning on going up north the weekend before woodward and then heading down to the cruise.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
          Actually the UP roads are in pretty good shape pothole wise, at least they were the last time we were there!
          They were in pretty good shape.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post

and don't forget your favorite "Michigan left turns" too.
            You know I ask Willow about those (native Michiganer) and she looks at me like I am hanging out with Timothy Leary!

Comment

You know I ask Willow about those (native Michiganer) and she looks at me like I am hanging out with Timothy Leary!
              we all know you did -
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

I'd plead the fifth.....
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

I'd plead the fifth.....
                  The statute of limitations has run out on all us old guys Shenanigans by now.
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

Patrick & Tammy

Comment

From a legal perspective - perhaps. From a physical body perspective - my bills seem to be coming due more frequently now.

Comment

Patrick & Tammy

Comment

From a legal perspective - perhaps. From a physical body perspective - my bills seem to be coming due more frequently now.
                          You got that right. New aches and pains just let you forget about the old aches and pains for awhile.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

aww come on allen, we drive fords..... i ain't afraid of no stinking roads

by the way, i should be in and aug sounds good, especially as much fun it sounds like you guys are having this year at woodward
                            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                              aww come on allen, we drive fords..... i ain't afraid of no stinking roads ...
                              Well, in a moment of genius, I upgraded the suspension on the wagon when we built it. A few years back, I broke a lower control arm while doing Cars & Cones so I am a little gun shy on bad roads.

Comment

Well, in a moment of genius, I upgraded the suspension on the wagon when we built it. A few years back, I broke a lower control arm while doing Cars & Cones so I am a little gun shy on bad roads.
                                Not blaming you one bit.... I have taken out tires and wheels as well as a cv shaft on the bullet due to poorly maintained roads.... right now, we have to do some transmission work and replace the engine/trans mounts as well as a subframe upgrade on her.... life, however, likes to remind us of the difference between wants and needs... on the brighter side, Tammy's knee is slowly improving, as she is improving her range of movement.... It has been a long, hard road that I do not want to have her ever experience again...
                                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                                X