Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People you ran into? Also, thanks to the Freaks!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People you ran into? Also, thanks to the Freaks!!!

Just wanted to say thanks to all the great people we ran into on the trip. Awesome time.
    I was wanting to meet up with Chad once, took Mobile to be able to finally say hi!

Sorry for not hanging much...heat and my wife didn't mix well.

I managed to run into David Freiburger entirely too many times, For a busy man, he stopped to give us some help and direction, plus at least said how you holding up?

Stupid, but pretty cool to me.
    Also, thanks to the guys for offering to help out in Springfield with my brakes.

Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Re: People you ran into? Also, thanks to the Freaks!!!

I agree. I also ran into a lot of great Freaks.

I need to apologize to Bob (1956NY150). Saw you a few times and never got a chance to get over to you. Sorry.

And a REALLY BIG apology to Bob (BlueLightning). You came up to me to say hello and I can't remember why, but my mind was elsewhere and I think I completely dis'd you. Next year, I've got the first couple of beers. Or if you come down to Orlando for Turkey Rod Run or the Lightning show, let me know. You are welcome to stay at the house. Really sorry.
    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Guess you were a bit confused from having your fanny in a bowtie all week :o
      a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by arrowhead
        Guess you were a bit confused from having your fanny in a bowtie all week :o
        OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That stung :P ;)
        Even went on the corvette plant tour. Don't I get some love and repect for that?
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

agreed....very difficult, if not impossible, to meet as many folks as one would like....the venues are so big, and so spread out....running in groups is tough, given gas stops, side stops, etc.......seems like meeting folks at the hotel is better, but then....there's tens of hotels where PT'ers are staying, impossible to get to them all.....anyway, a great time on this tour (w/o the accident, watching the HR site for donation info, sincere thoughts and prayers for the family).....rexx

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
            I agree. I also ran into a lot of great Freaks.

I need to apologize to Bob (1956NY150). Saw you a few times and never got a chance to get over to you. Sorry.

And a REALLY BIG apology to Bob (BlueLightning). You came up to me to say hello and I can't remember why, but my mind was elsewhere and I think I completely dis'd you. Next year, I've got the first couple of beers. Or if you come down to Orlando for Turkey Rod Run or the Lightning show, let me know. You are welcome to stay at the house. Really sorry.
            No biggie Bruce. I was running a mile a minute all week too. And anyways, I owe you beers for last November. ;D
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I was only on for a couple of days but i got to talk to several of the freaks. It was great hanging with Matt,Fred ,Vickie,Dave,Penny at the hotel in Newton laughing our butts off about a certain individual who had some "tall " stories !
              Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

Originally posted by 4dfide
                I was only on for a couple of days but i got to talk to several of the freaks. It was great hanging with Matt,Fred ,Vickie,Dave,Penny at the hotel in Newton laughing our butts off about a certain individual who had some "tall " stories !
                What a pita that little guy was, but it was entertaining.
                "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                  Originally posted by 4dfide
                  What a pita that little guy was, but it was entertaining.
                  Was he as funny as the guy with the "car condom"?! Or was it the same guy? ;D

Linda 8)

Comment

The daily colored T-Shirts was a great idea..... I met so many BS and especially Form Freaks it made my tour awesome....
                    Had a great drive up with Bruce(cobra) & Harry, Rick and his wife who's name slips my memory right now..... Dinner @ Out Back was lots of fun..... Great to see my buddy Phil (70ChevC-10) who I met on the 2009 PT..... and Rett (Street72) who I met on the 2009 PT also... Great time.... Mike & Greg from Canada who I teamed up with in 2009 PT, great to see you guys again.....

Chad & Daphne (BangShiftChad), Bob (1956NY150), Bob (BlueLightning), Matt (Pumpkin), Victor (67Ragtop), Terri (ElCaminoGirl59), Ed & Mary (Oletrux4evr), Mark (mburrow), Dean & Tracey (Rsrxion), Mick (Mickinator)

If your name is not here, sorry.... I have CRS from time to time......

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                    1966 Plymouth Fury III
                    2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                    Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                    Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

I for sure met Bob (BlueLightning), Terri - ElCaminoGirl59, Chad and Daphne, and Charles (Impala_Guy)

I know I met others, the days kind of merge into one long memory though, haha.

Comment

talkin about running into people..while on the USS Alabama..we kept hearing someone calling hubbys name really loud, finally someone caught his attention & told him to look up two floors above us, a lady was yelling for him...hard to imagine but it was a second cousin he hasn't seen in 35 years! Scary that he looks that much like his dad that she could recognize him after all that time. her hubby, son & grandson had been on tour all week, but we didn't know them...made for a fun few minutes of reunion time! We were first timers, had a blast all week, for sure didn't have any idea we would be busy all the time...non stop action! Not one minutes car trouble from the mustang, hubby did a great job on restoring it! See ya'll next summer!!

Comment

Got to visit with quite a few Freaks on the Tour, Matt, Fred, Bob and Bu....and these two cool dudes!

Comment

I got to meet chad... and thats where I learned about bangshift.. I just happened to be staying in the same hotel, parting in the parkinglot as always, and this dude walks up to the group... he fit right in. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by 66Fury3
                              Rick and his wife who's name slips my memory right now.....
                              her name is Dorinda and they aren't married. I feel your pain. I have a similar disease, but I call it something else.... OMS(old man sydrome) ;D
                              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
                              X