"Official" 2012 Countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
      1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

• Originally posted by Shameless View Post
        305.....PLease go to Laid-Back Photo Contest and vote for my photo.....Thanks everyone who have already voted.
        I thought you were going to Shamelessly beg for us to vote again (Can we?)
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

• ONLY 305 days to go..Going to a local car show tonight in Chula Vista with the Nova..
          I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Thinking of Good Guys in KC, MO sept 2-3-4...
            Andrew
            1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
            2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• 305 also SBC
              My paint supply guy told me how to get the rust off the top of the car left from the halo roof and forty years. He said use Lime-a-way and a Brillo pad. So I tried it tonight and it works I will have to get and earlier start tomorrow to get it done. I would have never thunk it would have worked,but it did.

Last edited by pintoboy77; August 2, 2011, 06:30 PM.
              Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• One thing suggested to me was lime sulfate {Stuff can be found at Earl May's} and follow it with I want to say baking soda to neutralize.
                Coverts rust to iron will blacken everything.

Car Craft and popular hot rodding had a couple articles a while back on rust treaters as well with different results.
                Andrew
                1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
                    305 also SBC
                    My paint supply guy told me how to get the rust off the top of the car left from the halo roof and forty years. He said use Lime-a-way and a Brillo pad. So I tried it tonight and it works I will have to get and earlier start tomorrow to get it done. I would have never thunk it would have worked,but it did.

305 ..... and pinto try to use mop & glo as a sealant all of my race cars and customers race cars are raw steel a scotch brite pad and wd40 to clean it and mop& glo to seal and protect till the next time

we dont powder coat anything due to not seeing cracks threw it

race report started fourth got out on third lap in second place and blew out the carrier bearing 500 bucks for that darn bearing alone and they were new thank god my trans sponser was there and said well looks like we need to make sure you have a spare trans for things like this woohoo just saved me 15k

and one last thing i aquired a early cast iron powerglide bell housing anyone know what they are worth ??????

thanks for the info if you got some
                    Last edited by dez_racer; August 2, 2011, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• 304 - I'm a robot at work, except for the fact that I dress myself differtently each day and feel pain. Thinking I've got bruised ribs, hurts way worse than the nail in the thumb.
                      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

• Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                        1966 Plymouth Fury III
                        2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                        Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                        Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Sean
                          LH 2008,09,10,11,12,14
                          Drivin' it home!
                          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...h-Expectations.
                          Some people are like slinkies - not really good for much.
                          But they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Comment

I didn't think you had to tie that type of footwear

Donna
                            Williamston, MI
                            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

• 304...Hump Day
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Longhauler 2009,2011
                                Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

Working...
                                X