Long Haul question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Haul question

this will be my first power tour. i was told you had to check in to verify you did the long haul. im planning on doing the long haul but was wondering how the check in system works. do you have to check in each morning and evening ? why i ask is...if champaign is the 3rd stop i would like to hang out there for a while then drive another hour and stay the night at home. then i would leave from home and drive to the next stop. i didnt know if i would have to check in the next morning in champaign before heading out or just check in at the next stop?

You check in every afternoon/evening at the venue then just leaving the next morning to another stop. You will be fine staying at you home.

Linda

Comment

those that intend to (and can) do the long haul.....pick up their credentials (lanyard, time card, etc.) at the first stop; then, at each venue, they go up to the mainstage and get their card date and time stamped......at the final "long haulers" get together (this year in Arlington), showing the card or cards gets whatever gift is given out (past years' have been signs, chairs, bags, etc.)....

Comment

The "Check In" system is just a timecard punch-clock, that you stamp your credentials with at each stop, which is near the main stage.

Once you have stamped your card, that stop is "verified".

Comment

The time stamp machines are usually open from 12 noon until 6 PM at each stop. You should be able to take in other activities and still get your creditionals stamped.

IMHO - while earning Long Haul swag is one of most freaks' goals, the real reward is taking your junk on a ride through the USA (as far as your schedule allows) and earning all the great memories that come with it.

Look forward to seeing you in June.
          nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Working...
          X