Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm back! 2012 HRPT here I come (well some of it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back! 2012 HRPT here I come (well some of it)

Hey guys and gals,

I haven't been on in a while, but I think I am finally going to be able to make a few stops of the tour for 2012. I will be at the Miami, Ok, Stillwater, OK and Arlington, TX stops. It works out well as I live in DFW and my parents live in Tulsa. My last tour was in '08 where my then 5yo son and I long hauled in my '78 Malibu with NO AC! This year I will be with the same son who will be 9 by then and my youngest son who will be 7 at tour time. I think we will be in my '06 Trailblazer SS.

I do have a question about registration since I have only long hauled. I looked at the Family Events website and noticed that each stop shows $80.00 each. So if I register at Miami, do I have to re-register at Stillwater and Arlington (and pay the 80 bucks at each place)? Or is it that I register in Miami and I'm set for the rest of the tour?

Looking forward to it.

Chad

I think if you pay for the Long Haul at $80.00 you are one registration and done.
    The daily fee is $30.00 now I heard and you have to re-register at every stop.
    So if you are doing 3 or more stops the $80.00 once is the plan.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
      I think if you pay for the Long Haul at $80.00 you are one registration and done.
      The daily fee is $30.00 now I heard and you have to re-register at every stop.
      So if you are doing 3 or more stops the $80.00 once is the plan.
      Phil, I checked for someone else & it is $80.00 per stop =:0
      So. Central PA
      Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Vsolo View Post
        Phil, I checked for someone else & it is $80.00 per stop =:0
        Vsolo, did you call and get that information? I did a little more digging and found this 2012 Hot Rod Power Tour FAQ's.

From the doc "What is the price to enter the Hot Rod Power Tour? $80 is the price for Pre-Registration, which ends
        Wednesday May 23rd, 2012. After that, registration can be done on site for $90. For that price, you can
        be a long hauler and go the entire route, or pick up at any point and go to as many stops as you wish.
        Pre-registration is available from the link at www.hotrod.com."

"Registration for one (1) venue only is $35, and is only available at the event site on the day of the event at the
        Registration trailer."

"If you plan to go to more than one city, you fall under the multi-city registration price and will only have to pick
        up your credentials once. If you would like to register for one day only then decide to go to another stop,
        you will need to stop at the Registration trailer in the next city to register again. The credential you get as
        a one day registrant will not be accepted at any other venue."

I'm going to call in the morning to verify.

Chad

Comment

Originally posted by 78GBod View Post
          Vsolo, did you call and get that information? I did a little more digging and found this 2012 Hot Rod Power Tour FAQ's.

I'm going to call in the morning to verify.

Chad
          Chad, I went to the registration site. let me walk thru it again & re verify it
          So. Central PA
          Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Yeah, I went to Family Events too. It looks like that is the pre-register. So, $80 bucks and you pick where you'll be getting your credentials, either Long Haul or what they are calling multi-city. Looks like the "per day" is only available on site for the day of the event (by the PDF I posted). It is kind of confusing. But with the PDF and the registration site, I think I have it. I'm going to call family events tomorrow to confirm.

Chad

Comment

OK, I called Family Events and got the down low. Of course, $80 pre-register (until May 23rd, after that it is $90) for Long Haul. They will be in Detroit on Friday June 1st from 2pm to 6pm and Saturday June 2nd from 9am to 6pm to register. If you are only doing part of the tour, you can do a mulit-city registration. It is also $80 until May 23rd and will go to $90 after that date. The person at Family Events told me to register for the earliest venue I think I might be at, but that my credintials would be at all of the stops. From there you would have all of the same benefits as far as giveaways, the only thing you would not get to do is the Long-Hauler awards. If you are only doing one show, it is $35. You can not pre-register for the one day only. That registration is only for that day and will not get you in to any other cities events.

Hope this clears things up.

Chad

Comment

Originally posted by 78GBod View Post
                OK, I called Family Events and got the down low. Of course, $80 pre-register (until May 23rd, after that it is $90) for Long Haul. They will be in Detroit on Friday June 1st from 2pm to 6pm and Saturday June 2nd from 9am to 6pm to register. If you are only doing part of the tour, you can do a mulit-city registration. It is also $80 until May 23rd and will go to $90 after that date. The person at Family Events told me to register for the earliest venue I think I might be at, but that my credintials would be at all of the stops. From there you would have all of the same benefits as far as giveaways, the only thing you would not get to do is the Long-Hauler awards. If you are only doing one show, it is $35. You can not pre-register for the one day only. That registration is only for that day and will not get you in to any other cities events.

Hope this clears things up.

Chad
                Thanks Chad -
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                X