No announcement yet.

My Side Curtain Airbags Went Off During the Auto X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the whole thing unfold. Not the first time its happened . Met a guy at my hotel that has a 2010 Camaro same thing happed . Anything related to the bags going off should be replaced including headliner . unfortunitly you may have to file a claim through insurance .
    Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

I have heard that this happens and I have seen a vid of this happening in a Camode while a guy was "drifting" it I her you have to pull the fuse prior to doing any "spirited" driving...... Kinda defeats the point of safety equipment if you have to un hook it to drive to the limits of the car ...were you are more likely to need it lol

Comment

The dealer has been keeping me posted, sounds Luke the interior is al together and they were taking care of something else I had been putting off and I'll be able to pick the car up Monday. The dealer has never said anything about insurance, I guess we will see Monday
        1968 Torino - DOHC 4.6L/T56 swap project
        2011 CTS-V Wagon - TR-6060 equipped

Comment

sounds like GM has a problem as this video was on youtube a while back with similar situation

GM's official position, "Don't drive aggressively in your Camaro."......bullshit. GM's Alan Adler said this:It is unusual to have this occur. However, it is ...

GM's official position, "Don't drive aggressively in your Camaro."

what a joke

Comment

Cts v is on my short list of my next hotrod... However since it looks like I would be doing similar things with the car I may pass...

GM is really looking bad in this...
            Powertour off/on since 2002
            sigpic

Comment

Dealer called Friday to let me know car was good to go. Driving to Muskegon in the morning to return the rental and get it. The dealer never said a word about insurance or money so assuming it was co covered by warranty.
              Last edited by 4 cam torino; June 10, 2012, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Cool. Get the mark on the rental's door squared away?

Forrest
                [email protected]

Comment

I've seen airbags go off when a car was being vacuumed at the carwash. I'm sure it was shocking when they went off on the autocross.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I did what I could with the scratch in the rental door, it was deeper than I realised. No one really looked at it when I dropped it off so nothing was said then. The Mother's scratch remover helped with the ends of it, so it got shorter for sure. It was pretty noticeable still in the deepest middle portion. I ran a fine point sharpie down it too.

Picked up the car this morning, was at the dealer for maybe 5 minutes and on my way. New diff needing break in kind of killed any potential fun on the way home. Old one was noisy, was going to complain when we got back and I took it in for an oil change (would normally do that myself but the car came with 4/50k free maintenance) but since the car was there for a week anyway I had them do it. I guess at least I got a good start on the break in having to drive it from out there.
                    Last edited by 4 cam torino; June 11, 2012, 11:13 AM.

Comment

very cool to hear that . sounds like a very good dealer you had it at .
                      Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

Nice to hear of a positive dealer experience.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                        X