side trips on hrpt 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• side trips on hrpt 2013

hello everyone .hope you all had a happy holiday's. last year i crossed paths with some of you along the way at different side trips along the way. it was a lot of fun and hope to do more this year. so here are some of my side trips for this year.
    1- Barber Motorsports Park - even if you hate motorcycles this place was incredible. i won't tell you anything about it other then when i walked in the door my mouth hit the floor . definately worth the time
    2- Lookout Mountain Pkwy - from alabama up to chattanooga . i've never been on it but it seems to have some interesting things to do

another reason i mention this as when we were at Miami i did some side trips to the rod & custom muesum and rt 66 museums and no one really knew we were coming . some even had an after hours number for info and when i called they usually said we would have extended our hours if we knew. so we could maybe talk to certain places and see if they would extend hours or make special arrangements for us like clantons did

Good information, thanks!

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Hey Brook good to hear from you, we met you at Afton and I know other places too. Great Fun For Sure!!!
      200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
      Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Maybe Pumpkin could share the Civil War cemetary again. We missed it in '10 because we were on Lookout Mountain that morning.....
        200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
        Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

I'm looking forward to this

Chattanooga Ducks offers fun and entertaining narrated tours for the whole family aboard a renovated WWII Duck Boat in Chattanooga, TN.

It is a tour on an WWII amphibious vehicle.

Comment

Need to swing by and see the Peabody Hotel ducks while in Memphis too.....

The internationally famous Peabody Duck march to the lobby fountain is a tradition not to be missed during your stay at The Peabody Memphis!
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
              Maybe Pumpkin could share the Civil War cemetary again. We missed it in '10 because we were on Lookout Mountain that morning.....

That could be done if ya'll are up for it. Lots to see there.
              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

bump
                Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Four States Auto Museum, Texarkana

Customer service is our #1 priority. Get a premium domain for your website today. Financing available.

Comment

One for the Money, Two for the show.........Where were you when you heard Elvis died?? Elvis Presley's Graceland, I think it would cool to see......

I would like to explore Beale Street, maybe catch a cab like we did in Nashville??

The official site of Memphis Tourism. Find the best things for visitors to do in Memphis, Tennessee: attractions, events, restaurants, places to stay and things to do, including Graceland, Beale Street, Memphis Zoo, barbecue, live music events and hotels.

Comment

Anyone know of a Muscle Car Museum in eastern TN. Saw part of it on Powerblock yesterday. Hoping to stop, probably on the way home after Tail of Dragon.
                      Todd Des Moines IA HRPT 08 Short Haul 4 STOPS ----HOOKED LH 09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 Planning 19

Comment

Four States Auto Museum, Texarkana

http://www.fourstatesautomuseum.com/location.html
                        This would be a nice stop but they close at 4:00 P.M. on Sunday's. Would be difficult to get there and check in at venue.

Comment

One for the Money, Two for the show.........Where were you when you heard Elvis died?? Elvis Presley's Graceland, I think it would cool to see......

I would like to explore Beale Street, maybe catch a cab like we did in Nashville??

http://www.memphistravel.com/
                          I've been to Graceland and it is worth seeing but it takes a couple of hours or more to see everything there, drive from Memphis to B'ham is not a short run.

Comment

Originally posted by 71Z-28 View Post
                            Anyone know of a Muscle Car Museum in eastern TN. Saw part of it on Powerblock yesterday. Hoping to stop, probably on the way home after Tail of Dragon.
                            It is Floyd Garrets place, here is the link. Very Close to Gatliburg.

musclecarmuseum.com
                            Last edited by htrdharley; January 28, 2013, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
                              It is Floyd Garrets place, here is the link. Very Close to Gatliburg.

musclecarmuseum.com
                              i'll have to look this up. is this the one in Seiverville (or something like that)? last i heard, it was up for sale/closing.
                              Last edited by cobra; January 28, 2013, 02:40 PM.
                              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
                              X