Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
    Well,
    Plan Ahead, Ohio has "Blue Laws" the last I remember, No Sales on Sundays.
    I think first day is a Sunday for HRPT.
    ​​​​​​
    Just saying........
    I think you'll be ok around Norwalk. I don't remember ever having trouble finding beer around there.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• If anyone has trouble finding beer in Norwalk, find me on the hotel list and come mooch a free beer. We'll be well-stocked and probably listening to some tunes in the parking lot until the wee hours as is becoming HRPT tradition for me on the first night. :D
      Last edited by a_d_a_m; January 29, 2020, 05:49 AM.
      2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
      1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
      1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

• First night??
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• I'm sure we will be getting around to meet most of you. Probably Saturday not Sunday Night, could not get a Motel room in Norwalk, taking off half way to Dayton. (I still carrying a Full CDL as this retirement thing might not cover my Spending Habits!!)
          Being Said, will post later about Saturday night Tailgate "Lost Home Boys Garage" get together.
          Wisconsin Cheeses, Brats, Beer, Gardetto's...
          The Four Good Food Groups........
          Hot, Cold, Cruchy, and Chewy !!! :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            First night??
            Usually am up 'til at least 4am the first night of the Tour. The rest of the week, I try to be in bed by 1:30am.
            Still not enough sleep, but I'll catch up on sleep after I die. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
              could not get a Motel room in Norwalk, taking off half way to Dayton
              Not a bad idea to get a head start. Dad and I did this after Atlanta in 2018. Long stretch between Atlanta and Darlington and could not find a hotel we liked. Went 50 miles into the next day's route and still had plenty of HRPT cars at the hotel! It sure made the next day's drive a lot easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
                Usually am up 'til at least 4am the first night of the Tour. The rest of the week, I try to be in bed by 1:30am.
                Still not enough sleep, but I'll catch up on sleep after I die. :D
                Oh to be young again....
                I R Bob
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• I can't "Party All Night" and Do a "West Coast Turn A Round" like I used to....
                  Getting Old Ain't For Sissies Ya Know.
                  Don't Do It All Night, Just a Little Every Night's Good !! Keep Ya Frisky......

Comment

• I ain't as good as I once was - AARP theme song for Seniors - https://www.bing.com/search?q=I+ain%...be518fc586d8b7
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

We don't have room to pack beer. I make sure I get something local in every city we stop in.
                      I like this idea, find something you like and then bring it home...I love to try something new and local wherever I go.
                      Maybe I'll bring a growler or 2 of local stuff to share?
                      I might have enough room...
                      Long Haul 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                        I ain't as good as I once was - AARP theme song for Seniors - https://www.bing.com/search?q=I+ain%...be518fc586d8b7

okay.....Phil......some Stroh's this year, or no?

Comment

• Interesting thread.
                          But holy cow, Are some of you towing a small trailer of tools/parts behind you?

Comment

• Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
                            Might want to include a roll or two of your favorite TP. I remember stopping at a small rural gas station down south several years ago that only had one rest room............and no toilet paper to go with it. Someone had the foresight to bring a roll & it was still getting passed down the outside line when we finally left. Although it was a bit smaller by then. Lots of folks would have really been up shits creek, so to speak if not for that one lone roll.
                            5 gallon bucket with bottom cut out, and roll bar padding on the top "rim" of the bucket.

Comment

• Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                              okay.....Phil......some Stroh's this year, or no?
                              I brought some down from Cleveland last year...you guys will be able to find Stroh's in Norwalk if that's your favored flavor. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post

I like this idea, find something you like and then bring it home...I love to try something new and local wherever I go.
                                Maybe I'll bring a growler or 2 of local stuff to share?
                                I might have enough room...
                                That was the beautiful thing about bringing the Lightning on tour. I could bring anything I wanted and even carried stuff for others in our group that didn't have room in their cars. Now that we bring the Cutlass, we don't have that option.

I don't know that growlers would be a good idea. They're too bulky and kind of a pain to store on a trip. Probably a better option would be crowlers or cans if the local breweries have them.

Anyone that knows me, knows I'm a giant beer head so I like to find a local brewery wherever we stop and check it out. It's a car and brew tour for Donna and me. LOL
                                Last edited by BluLightning; February 5, 2020, 04:10 AM.
                                I R Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X