Another small detail done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another small detail done

Had surgery several years ago on my hands for Copral tunnel. Ever since it been hard to hold on to things. I refinished the 67 Chevelle steering wheel back over Christmas and ever since it's been fatiguing my hands if I drive it a lot. So I started looking for a way to make it thicker and came up with this. Water pipe insulation from lowes with a nice full leather wrap from here.
    Interior Upholstery SEAT COMFORT Wireless Charging Console Lids Our custom leather seat upholstery kits are built to order and are specifically manufactured to your vehicle’s year, make, and model so that you get a factory fit upon proper installation. Our kits are not slip-on-style covers. They are

It's a full wrap you have to sew it by hand yourself. It took just over 1 hr for me to install it. I had a few miss haps also so if I had done it right the first time maybe 45minutes.
    Attached Files
    Retirement is better than I thought!

Looks great Andy. I like a thicker wheel myself..How much did it cost.. I'd like this for my Chevelle...
    I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Leather wrap

Originally posted by street72 View Post
      Looks great Andy. I like a thicker wheel myself..How much did it cost.. I'd like this for my Chevelle...
      It was $65.00 shipped. Call
      Tim
      Leatherseats.com
      1-866-NEW-SEAT ext. 107

Tell him I sent you. It want get you a discount but it makes me look good! Lol...
      Last edited by Andy4639; May 9, 2013, 12:02 AM.

Comment

That is dang cleaver......I'll try that. What size is the pipe and how hard to bend it and stay in place?
        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Pipe insulation

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
          That is dang cleaver......I'll try that. What size is the pipe and how hard to bend it and stay in place?
          Dave it's the foam insulation length u buy at Lowes. I just used 1/2" and it stay in place once you put it on.

Comment

really liking this... will have to remember it!
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
              Dave it's the foam insulation length u buy at Lowes. I just used 1/2" and it stay in place once you put it on.

10/4 on that...thanks
              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

What a great idea Andy.... Looks awesome....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                1966 Plymouth Fury III
                2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by 66Fury3 View Post
                  What a great idea Andy.... Looks awesome....
                  I have been thinking about this for awhile before I decided to do it. I tried to drive the truck but it just wore my hands out so I went for it.
                  I drove the truck to the Myrtle Beach car show back in March which is 4.5 hr drive by the time I got to the house my hands were num! I had to do something before the tour.

Comment

Working...
                  X