"On The Road Again" from eastern North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "On The Road Again" from eastern North Carolina

This is my last post. Will begin the journey to Arlington, TX. tomorrow morning. Meeting other long haulers along the way. No Plan "B", just a credit card and two words; fix it. I am really looking forward to my relaxing and stress free vacation doing a major cruise with thousands of mellow hot rodders. Ha! Ha! Please be safe on your journey and keep it between the lines.

Originally posted by z06dennis View Post
    I am really looking forward to my relaxing and stress free vacation doing a major cruise with thousands of mellow hot rodders. Ha! Ha!
    At first I thought you had a typo ....Safe travels to you
    FKA Redragtop
    (formerly known as)

Comment

Just completed our day one drive by driving 573 miles in 8hrs and 45 min with 2 gas and 1 lunch stop. Finished the day off driving through Atlanta, GA on I20 at 65 mph non-stop. Didn't see another car heading to Arlington. Maybe we'll see some long haulers tomorrow.

Comment

Maybe we will see you tomorrow. I'm shooting for Vicksburg MS and the hotel you sent me.
        Last edited by Damon23; May 29, 2013, 02:46 PM.
        Visit my sons blog:
        www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Just a warning for those traveling I-20.........summertime construction is alive and well.......had at least 3 separate zones in AL so far..........one had us stopped for about 30 minutes at 8:30PM somewhere west of Lincoln, AL......grrrrr
          Last edited by dianeokie; May 29, 2013, 09:11 PM.

Comment

That sounds like it would be in or near Pell City.
            That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Day 2 complete. Staying in Vicksburg, MS. Only a couple of downpours and a major pain in the ass delay in Jackson, MS. I20 was down to one lane while they grind the pavement, it poured rain and all merging traffic from 3 exits brought everything to a dead stop for nearly an hour. Rush hour in Atlanta was a piece of cake compared to the Jackson delay and lousy roads.

Comment

I second the Jackson mess. Here in Vicksburg myself. Going to head out early, going to miss the free breakfast. Oh well. Only
                Visit my sons blog:

Comment

I second the Jackson mess. Here in Vicksburg myself. Going to head out early, going to miss the free breakfast. Oh well. Only saw two other power yours cars on the way in. A GTX convert and a sick old school cuda. I saw a black CTS V in our hotel lot, another challenger and charger but I don't know if they are tour'rs or not.
                  Visit my sons blog:

Comment

I went south on 59 and went west through Mississippi to drive through Hattiesburg, Columbia, Natchez......went back North and got on 20 west.............now I'm in Mashall TX with a flat tire

Comment

Working...
                    X