car show donations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car show donations

i was wondering if anyone else helps organize a car show? me and a buddy organize a small show and we are trying to get goodies for door prizes. we have hit up summit, jegs, and several local business's. im curious if anyone else knew of other company's they have had luck with them donating goodies to shows? any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
    Last edited by wolf66; July 22, 2013, 12:00 PM.

I've seen alot of Year One signs - Make/Model/Year, etc. you toss on the dash so they must give them away.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

My club hits up O'Reillys and AutoZones - they have a budget just for such things.
      They donate merchandise, etc.
      Also - hit any restaurants for coupons or discounts on meals.
      Walgreens will give you pillboxes for free.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by wolf66 View Post
        i was wondering if anyone else helps organize a car show? me and a buddy organize a small show and we are trying to get goodies for door prizes. we have hit up summit, jegs, and several local business's. im curious if anyone else knew of other company's they have had luck with them donating goodies to shows? any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
        We've had luck with eateries, paying half face value of gift cards..

Comment

I just got a shipment from Hot Rod Hot Line/Racing Junk/Collector Car Nation.. They are all the same company. You can email them at [email protected] I worked with Melissa Bassett. They sent me 325 goodie bags, dash cards for your name and car info, stickers and a large banner to hang at our show. Very cool banner. Tell them you talked with them on the Power Tour. I spoke with them at Rousch-Yates.. Don't be afraid to go into any business to ask for support for your show and tell them how you will help them with the mentioning of their name and product support..Good luck with your car show.
          I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

I am in charge on the carshow my dealership puts on. As a dealership we buy all of our gas and 1 station in town. that station has been great to us the last 2 years and given us gas cards to hand out. participants just love it when you can give them $25 gas card. pays for them to show up. Each year they have given us $600 in cards.

Comment

Hagerty Insurance always donates goodie bags, magnets, pens and other small stuff. I'm finding donations to be on the slim side as I'm getting ready to put on the western scenic tour.
              Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Besides Year One and Summit, I have obtained goodies bag stuff from Surf City Garage, Speedway Motors, Goodmark, and LMC Trucks. Locally, we hit up Autozone, O'Reilly's and NAPA for door prizes. The trophies (plaques) for our 26 classes (three places) are paid for by the local sponsors like the new car dealerships, body shops, repair shops, transmission shops, insurance agncies, oil companies that own the quick shops, etc... If you can tie it to a car or truck you can shake $100.00 out of them. Our car club buys the Club Pick trophy and one of our members sponsors the Covette class. SEMA (Take a Kid to a Car Show) is sending us a roll of 100 stickers for kids to put on their shirts. The wife and I found free downloadable coloring book pages and we are assembling coloring books and will be giving out some kids goody bags with those and crayons. The cost of the copies and the crayons are out of our own pocket (less than $50.00) and I believe well worth the investment. We have a DJ on retainer all year long for our cruise in's and the show on September 15th. He announces some of the sponsors every 15 minutes or so. All of the proceeds (entry fee and money left from the plaque purchases) go to Honor Flight.
                Last edited by 69SS 350 5 Speed; July 25, 2013, 05:59 AM.
                Jim & Maureen
                There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
                HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

I contacted our local tourism department, got free state maps, State Farm gave me atlases, the democratic group gave us hand fans, contact Harbor Freight tools (they always give something), Painless performance, Edelbrock sent coloring books for the kids. on a rainy Saturday I went thru every magazine at our house and sent emails to every advertiser in them! Good luck!

Comment

we have hit up all the local parts stores, restaurants, summit, jegs, comp, etc. st. louis cardinals donated 2 tickets to a home, gateway motorsports park donated 2 tickets to the up coming NHRA event. i'm waiting to hear back from mobile oil & royal purple. thanks for all the tips.

Comment

Good luck Joe - have fun.
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

I've had luck with our local track ... they donate left over event t shirts and hoodies. I've even got family ticket packs for some of their bigger headline events as door prizes ....
                        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

super great boxes just came in for our car show from JEGS!! American Racing, National Parts Depot, local banks! Just a little over a month left!!

Comment

Working...
                          X