X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnstormin': The Last Days of Chrysler

Re: Barnstormin': The Last Days of Chrysler

Stinkin' Daimler.... >

May they all die a painful death with festering boils while being eaten by fire ants and hot oil is poured over them. > > >

Comment

Un...f**king...real. It's a sad story to what was one of the best ones out there. Burn, Nardelli, burn.
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

These employees might want to rethink a decrease in pay. A pay cheque is alot more profitable then unemployment.
        I also think the American and Canadian governments should lighten up on some safety requirements to cut costs. Do we really require airbags and extra padding in headliners?

Comment

Can't say I agree on changing the product to save on costs.

The business practices and processes needs to improve to save costs. It's a crutch or a band-aid, when the necessary tools are a bone saw, leather belt, and bottle of whiskey.

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Good luck trying to shove that mentality through to the American public, at least. You oughta see how offended people are to see a car with crank windows and no big-ass nav screen. And steel wheels? Oh, hell no!

American auto buyers have become so damn comfortable with all the amenities that it's sick.
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

"The workers received this message, and after careful consideration, literally piled them up and set them on fire during their lunch break. This actually happened."

Then I'm done caring about them. Idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren
                "The workers received this message, and after careful consideration, literally piled them up and set them on fire during their lunch break. This actually happened."

I have to agree with this. If they think they can play bully and still have a job they are sadly mistaken and will be gainfully unemployed very soon.
                Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
                  Good luck trying to shove that mentality through to the American public, at least. You oughta see how offended people are to see a car with crank windows and no big-ass nav screen. And steel wheels? Oh, hell no!

American auto buyers have become so damn comfortable with all the amenities that it's sick.

The last car I bought (Feb, '08) did not have the optional side airbags, no nav aids or extravagant electronics, plain wheels with plastic wheel covers, no antilock brakes, etc and gets 30 mpg. I then spent some money supporting the aftermarket industry to personalize it and now it is a car that gets people asking where they can buy one. Hopefully Chevy will continue to build the HHR. It's also a shame Chrysler didn't put any interior room in the PT Cruiser.....

It's also a shame that people don't know how to drive and NEED all the airbags to protect them WHEN they get in an accident instead of paying attention and staying out of them in the first place!

Comment

If this was a Friday, I would have grabbed a beer with a whiskey chase after reading this.

I guess I'm drinking tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by trukluvr
                      Originally posted by Loren

I have to agree with this. If they think they can play bully and still have a job they are sadly mistaken and will be gainfully unemployed very soon.
                      I'm under no illusions when it comes to the lame-brain tactics of modern unions, but there is an underlying "story behind the story" that at least deserves a hearing.

It is that these workers have already made concessions, only to find out time and again that their latest 'final' sacrifice is never enough. It is quite simply a worker- and union-busting race to the bottom coordinated by management who have the employees right in the crosshairs.

You can say you heard it here first. Even if the CAW gives in to every last demand, Chrysler (and Fiat, if they do take the bait) has litle interest in keeping the Cdn operation going. Doesn't matter that a weak Cdn $ gives the corporation a 25% price break on labour costs. The plan is simple. Kill the Cdn plants and get rid of 9000 workers. And send a clear signal to all the employees Stateside.

On paper this looks like it can only benefit the remaining USA employees, who can't be faulted for thinking they'll at elast be able to pick up the slack. But don't be fooled. The process will just be repeated again until every last drop has been wrung from the stone of a once proud workforce. And if the union boys are getting the crap kicked out of them, it doesn't bode well for all other automotive trades who don't have anyone in their corner. So who are the bullies now?

BTW, for all MOPAR fans, if this comes to pass it's probably the end of the Charger and Challenger. They're built in Brampton, Ontario.
                      Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Say what you will about Lee Iacocca, but the man was a true leader who made hard decisions, unpopular decisions, and ultimately winning decisions to lead a company back from the brink of death.
                        I have said this very thing lately and sadly I do not see the folks in charge now being of the same character as Lee.
                        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Working...
                        X