Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News of the Weird: My Kid is Faster Than Your Kid

Re: News of the Weird: My Kid is Faster Than Your Kid

I always found trikes to be traction limited. I wonder if those rubber mats help out.....
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

.. anything that gets kids interested in our hobby is OK with me !!

Comment

On the Tail of the Dragon, there is a tree of shame with parts of motorcycles and cars hanging from it that did not make the Dragon, and there is also a Hot Wheel, like the on in the article hanging from it. I guess the poor kid wiped out somewhere on the Tail. ;D
        It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Hell yeah !!
          Kids with Hot Wheels dominated ... they were downright fearless !!
          .. guess it was the low center of gravity ?
          8)

Comment

I noticed the kid in the article has a wheelie bar on his. I would love to see something like that, it would be funny to see.
            It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Oh geez! I remember when the Pinewood Derby cars in Cub Scouts started out. The kids with parents in the aerospace industry had all the cool stuff and laid waste to the average Joe with high tech lubricants and wind tunnel testing. What is going to happen in the world of Big Wheel racing if one of the kids has a parent named, say, Joe Lepone or Byron Hines???

This could get ugly!

Ron

JATO units, anyone?
              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

My last big wheel was just like the one in the blog pic. That hand brake made for some serious sliding turns and 180s. It took me only one summer to destroy the front tire.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Hey that's cool! I raced in the Big Wheel Drags at York US 30 back in '77 or '78. We ran to the 60' clocks. My cousin went a few rounds but I lost first round to girl. No one would let me forget it that whole summer! What an experience to be on the track racing off the tree at 8 years old back then. I still have my rules sheet and hand written time card with the LOSER box checked off. A few of us were talking about this just a few months ago. Good Stuff!
                  Time Wasters...
                  http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Years ago at Hickory Motor Speedway in NC they use to have Big Wheel races once a month on the front stretch,good times.

Comment

Working...
                    X