• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SAAB Screwed: Koenigsegg Backs Out of Deal with GM to Buy Brand

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
    Originally posted by ferrarimanf355
    Originally posted by Rebeldryver
    GM is now 1 for 4 when it comes to selling off divisions. Ouch.
    It's likely going to be 0 for 4, like the Buffalo Bills in the early '90s. Remember, the Chinese government had environmental concerns over the Hummer deal.

Considering the performance of the division sales, I doubt Fritz Henderson will be CEO of GM for much longer...
    Chinese government and environmental concerns is an oxymoron.
    Yeah, I know, but still, the fact that it was even brought up in the first place puts the deal on shaky ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr4Speed
      The Opel deal doesn't count-GM never wanted to let Opel go in the first place.
      x2
      and I think it's all for show with saab too..
      just buy'n time to get back on their feet..

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbie Kincade
        Saab = homely little cars.
        And this is different from virtually every new car currently being offered from any automaker?

I think you've not been paying attention. With a few exceptions, ugly cars have been the order of the day for almost three decades now. (Retro musclecars don't count as they suffer from lack of real vision & creativity - kinda like re-making classic old movies...can't they think up anything new that's cool?.)

So why criticise SAAB for what everyone else is also guilty of? (This is in no way an endorsement of SAAB and their vehicles - just an observation.)

Comment

Originally posted by Not A Duster
          Saab = homely little cars.
          And this is different from virtually every new car currently being offered from any automaker?

I think you've not been paying attention. With a few exceptions, ugly cars have been the order of the day for almost three decades now. (Retro musclecars don't count as they suffer from lack of real vision & creativity - kinda like re-making classic old movies...can't they think up anything new that's cool?.)

So why criticise SAAB for what everyone else is also guilty of? (This is in no way an endorsement of SAAB and their vehicles - just an observation.)
          because the saab looked like this in the 70's

Comment

Every SAAB ever made was a homely little pipsqueek of a car, not just the later ones with "aero" looks and styling, them goofy ass wrap-a-round windshields didn't help. Even their "sports car" the SAAB Sonett was a turd.

Comment

Originally posted by urwurznitmahre

...so then they were ahead of their time? ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Not A Duster
                Originally posted by urwurznitmahre

...so then they were ahead of their time? ;D
                but is/was that a good thing :D ;)

Comment

Every SAAB ever made was a homely little pipsqueek of a car, not just the later ones with "aero" looks and styling, them goofy ass wrap-a-round windshields didn't help. Even their "sports car" the SAAB Sonett was a turd.
                  Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but I think you are being a little harsh. If you look at the history of Saab automobiles, you will find there was a reason for those early designs. If you judge them by modern standards then anything could be a "turd". But Saabs through the 900 series were good cars.

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts
                    Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but I think you are being a little harsh. If you look at the history of Saab automobiles, you will find there was a reason for those early designs. If you judge them by modern standards then anything could be a "turd". But Saabs through the 900 series were good cars.

And thats mostly true.
                    I was never fond of them. But I never disliked working on one,
                    until GM bought them, and made em a turd.

Comment

GM will be better off.

Why do they want so many brands to compete with themselves with?

They need to go after Toyota.

Comment

Working...
                      X