• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Video: $400K Rolls Royce Getting Wrung Out on a Frozen Lake

Re: Wild Video: $400K Rolls Royce Getting Wrung Out on a Frozen Lake

cool story, but i'd like to see a better video

Comment

I too would like to see a better video of it. Most people don't understand that Rolls Royce has always made fine motorcars, not just smooth luxo-boats. Part of that is surprising power, handling, and braking. If you're driving a Sultan you better be able to give the bad guys the slip if necessary. Performance is a part of luxury - not to say they are the equal of a Bugatti or anything.

So it's cool to see one being used as it CAN be used - we see that so rarely.

Comment

Hey! That looked like "Rebeldryver" behind the wheel?

Comment

Originally posted by 457Brodix

Hey! That looked like "Rebeldryver" behind the wheel?

The one I drove was black, and I hated it. I'm pretty sure it weighed closer to 6500#'s. After driving the Phantom up and down windy Sunset Blvd, my work car Lincoln Towncar at 5000 lb plus felt really nimble. Hell, a Suburban feels nimble after driving that bloated heap.

Look how it makes my Impy look like a sub compact.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

wow, I never realized they were that big, I've never seen one in person.

Comment

It's a bit of an optical illusion due to the angle I shot the pic. But if mine were parked behind it, you wouldn't know it.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

That kinda look like a 1:18 Rolls sitting next to a 1:24 Impala

Comment

wow. i never realized a rolls royce was the size of a house :o

Comment

Performance is a part of luxury - not to say they are the equal of a Bugatti or anything.

Bugatti, Rolls, VW, all the same company. bavarian shit.

Comment

Originally posted by kotsenieric
                      That kinda look like a 1:18 Rolls sitting next to a 1:24 Impala
                      Yeah, and mine gets 3x's the mpg. That one averaged 6.7 mpg over it's first 500 miles.

If I see it again, I'll get a shot of the totally flat black one around here. Everything is flat black on it.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The guy who owns Reed's Jewelers (they are in many malls across the US) lives in Wrightsville Beach and his DD is a new Rolls. It really is his DD - that's what he takes to the store. Not unusual in Beverly Hills, I suppose, but weird around here. Last time I drove one was like 1980 or so as EPA stopped doing the road prep route and I started working on the engine dynos about then. I liked it but I wasn't buying the petrol. Of course, that was a very different car - still 100% British at that point.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                        X