Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Find: The World's Most Expensive Quadrajet Carb

Re: eBay Find: The World's Most Expensive Quadrajet Carb

holy cow! I just sold one last week for $135 and thought I was ripping the guy off!! hehe, only kidding, that's outrageous!!??? :o :o I think i need to take a trip to a junk yard... any other highly desirable Q-jet part numbers out there?

try this one:

Comment

Desirable and Q-Jet in the same sentence - whoda thunk that? The Big Q is a great carb that people love to hate. $2500 is a big much - maybe. That's Ford inline carb prices there.

Comment

Carbs - so old, they're going UP in value!
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Geeeze, I paid less than $50 for a BRAND NEW factory replacement carb for the Iron Duke in the Kammback
          Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

$2500 for a carburetor for the sake of originality is not my style. I will never spend that kind of money on a carb until inflation brings wages to 5 times what they are now.
            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Welcome to the world of round port pontiacs. It's still cheaper then Z11s, ZL1s, boss 429, or hemi crap.
              Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

one of these days I'm going to have to figure out what a Holley I have is worth... of a BBC Corvette or Chevelle circa 66/67..... of course, first I'll have to use it on my BBBuick ;)
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

There is something special about people who live in their own world and march to their own beat. It's also quite tragic when they are dragged back to reality.

It's also sad when people are so desperate for a carb with nothing more than a certain number stamped on it's edge to complete their motoring dreams.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

This all kind of befuddles me. I went to a website to ID a few q-jets that I acquired and this one does not follow any of the decoding information on the site. The site helped me decode the carbs I have but then again it was vague, like off of a 76 Buick but not what motor. So how do you know truly if a q-jet is a high performance carb or just off a station wagon?

Comment

being a 76 it is probably not a performance carb... but if you post some numbers I'm sure somebody here can help. Remember, all Q-jets start with either 70xxx or 170xxx

Comment

go price out date coded ls6 parts..
                        I got 2 dissy's and carbs
                        1 intake and 2 pairs of heads
                        water pump and pistons
                        and a use able cam
                        this stuff is like gold

Comment

Resto guys pay thousands for correct NOS oil filters. I can see 2500 for this carb. Although experts might know it was a parts department carb, not one installed on the car. Mopar guys can tell an NOS parts department oil filter from one installed on the assembly line. Me, I'll buy a Wix on sale.

Comment

I've had offers for over 3K for a 70 RA lll/IV qjet I have. 2500.00 for an SD carb is reasonable now days.

Comment

sold a 69 breakerless distributor for about a grand -1111267
                              new -no box - threw the box away - who new

Comment

Working...
                              X