Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy eBay Find: 1987 Sport King Boaterhome

Re: Crazy eBay Find: 1987 Sport King Boaterhome

Come on! Everyone had a neighbor with one of these, right?

Dan

Comment

Hmmm... While the boat weight is given, no total vehicle weight w/boat is given. Seems like the front axle assembly is being asked to do a LOT. Interesting that it would be let go for only $21K. Yeah, I know it's age and all that, but if the original list was over $100K and only 20-something were built, wouldn't that give it some sort of exclusivity factor? Still, it would have a very limited audience...

Comment

I would have to see the boat loading and unloading off the truck to believe it.

Comment

Oh, I like it. I even like that totally 80's high end stereo setup. haha. That 260 mercruiser needs to find the bottom of the lake for a 502.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Uh. Wow. :

How's that saying go... just because you can built it doesn't mean you should. ;D

Comment

That thing used to live down the street from me, the guy used it to promote his bar (which went belly up a few months ago), I think the feds seize it. He used it mainly as a "party barge" limo around the area. It was/is really rough, always sat outside etc. Neat concept, but not $21k neat IMO.
              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

If you saw this in the middle of the lake you'd have no idea it was a camper. I dig the idea that it handles like a v-hulled boat instead of a floating motorhome

Comment

Working...
                X