X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Car Feature: The (Formerly) Hack Job General Lee

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
    Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
    The big intercooler does a nice job with the air temp.

I guess he thought a stack through the hood would be tacky.
    Not tacky, just hard to hood slide over a stack :D
    TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!
    Check out KrazyFlake.com!! New pictures being added daily!!

http://www.krazyflake.com/gallery/index.php/

Comment

can the s/c be clocked so the inlet is facing the coresupport?

Comment

No it is a Pro Charger, so it is belt driven. Turning it around means that the drive won't line up with anything to run it.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by JB666
          Originally posted by TheSilverBuick

Not tacky, just hard to hood slide over a stack :D
          TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!
          Glad you got a kick out of that, just want to say that even though I don't comment much on your photos and car, they're great pictures and an awesome car!
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

No it is a Pro Charger, so it is belt driven. Turning it around means that the drive won't line up with anything to run it.
            oh well. do they make a reverse rotation s/c that you could mount with the house'n forward the belt drive

Comment

The total hack that installed the blower...Jon Sandahl.

The thing only made close like 650hp to the wheels, and Jeff has driven it all over. It's really killing the thing.
              haha that hack installed my southside machine lift bar/frame connector f body kit..
              I know his work

Comment

Originally posted by Tazracing
                oh well. do they make a reverse rotation s/c that you could mount with the house'n forward the belt drive
                more fab. They mount them backwards on v6 mustangs...

I wouldn't even let Jessica Simpson slide across the hood after all that work. :P

Comment

Is it fab, or is it the way that kit was built? They have a BIT more room under that hood with the little motor stuffed under there.. Jon didn't even have room for my power steering resevoir when he was done (had to be relocated). Plus, it looks like it's saef to assume the little Mustang isn't intercooled, so pulling in cool air is key.

Either way, it is what it is.. I wanted NOTHING up through my hood... And this kit was said to be "impossible", so he took on the job.. Without the intercooler I know I'd be having issues with air temps, but I'm not... If you saw how the motor was shoe-horned under my hood, the thought of cramming all of this tubing in was a joke!!!

Comment

Jeff, you still have the photos of what he had to do with the valve cover to get it to fit?

Comment

Originally posted by JB666
                      Is it fab, or is it the way that kit was built? They have a BIT more room under that hood with the little motor stuffed under there.. Jon didn't even have room for my power steering resevoir when he was done (had to be relocated). Plus, it looks like it's saef to assume the little Mustang isn't intercooled, so pulling in cool air is key.

Either way, it is what it is.. I wanted NOTHING up through my hood... And this kit was said to be "impossible", so he took on the job.. Without the intercooler I know I'd be having issues with air temps, but I'm not... If you saw how the motor was shoe-horned under my hood, the thought of cramming all of this tubing in was a joke!!!
                      They're likely pushing the mustang to higher boost than you are - thus, less heating effect. Finally, I'm pretty sure that once the car is moving more than 20mph, all that room under the hood and underneath the car keeps the heat buildup under control. Just think, if you went EFI you could look at the intake air temps any time you like while running, idling in traffic, whatever. Maybe next winter.... ;)
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Scott, Jon is already needling him to put a FAST setup on the car.

Comment

The car is looking great! Too bad it has to sleep all winter....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Jeff, you still have the photos of what he had to do with the valve cover to get it to fit?
                            you mean these? ;D

All to squeeze it in...

Comment

Scott, Jon is already needling him to put a FAST setup on the car.
                              ya, if Jon had his way my 71 chevelle would've been all tube and tubbed, it became uncool for me to stop by the shop once I said no..

Comment

Hmm , I wonder why? Taz.

Comment

Working...
                                X