Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Life and Rocket Propelled Times of Captain Jack McClure, One of Drag Racing's Most Incredible Performers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Life and Rocket Propelled Times of Captain Jack McClure, One of Drag Racing's Most Incredible Performers

Re: The Life and Rocket Propelled Times of Captain Jack McClure, One of Drag Racing's Most Incredibl

Truly Awesome!!

Comment

Re: The Life and Rocket Propelled Times of Captain Jack McClure, One of Drag Racing's Most Incredibl

Excellent

#### YOU!

Comment

Fantastic Blog Brian! Great story and photos!
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Awesome story! Best blog in recent memory.
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm truly happy you are digging it.

Jack's my new hero.
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Brian, excellent story there.

Comment

Thanks Tom.

One thing that is always great in talking to guys like Jack is that stuff comes out of the blue. In his case it was racing the 24 Hours of Daytona with Joie Chitwood, I had no freaking clue he did that. Jack's a neat fella!

Comment

Great story Brian! I had heard stories about Capt'n Jack, but it's great to get "the whole picture".

Comment

Brian: You're doing a real service to hot rodders now and in the future by chronicling the history. Fantastic work.

Comment

Awesome memories tumble from my head while reading this, Brian.

The kart would sit on the line without making a sound, and then burst down-track in a BLUR, emitting a sound like a fire extinguisher had just emptied all it's contents in a nanosecond. Fear, terror, and nervous excitement would silence the crowd until the PA announced numbers that would rival the fastest wheel-driven cars of the era.
                      ...and the crowd went wild.

Here are a few photos from my archives.
                      Enjoy,
                      Mark

Captain Jack prepares for a quarter mile blast before a packed house at New England Dragway.

...and *POOF* he's gone!

I included this shot of Ramone Alvarez from 1975 just to show his fire boot. You've got to respect a vehicle where the leading point is the driver's planted foot!

Comment

Utter awesomness!!!

Those photos rule!

Brian

Comment

Look how packed the stands are!
                          Originally posted by TC
                          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I'm with Brian and A/Fuel!
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Thanks for writing that, Jack is a cool guy!

Comment

Working...
                              X