Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShift Poll Question: Is a blown factory drag racer Camaro on the way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BangShift Poll Question: Is a blown factory drag racer Camaro on the way?

Re: BangShift Poll Question: Is a blown factory drag racer Camaro on the way?

Are we going to see a reversal in roles? The Camaro's getting the blowers and the Mustang's going naturally aspirated? Nah, I see both being supercharged and seeing if the Ford still displacement limited. After all what's the most HP the corporate lawyers will allow the OEM's to kick out? 700HP? 800HP? GM, Ford and Dodge engines designs should easily be able to live at what ever HP they end up poitically/ethically limiting themselves too.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

all these new SS cars are going to do is kill that class,

Comment

I doubt that the ZL-1 is going to be the platform through which GM takes this combo into Stock or Super Stock. Reason? Look at the HP they are claiming. Remember that vehicles are arranged into classes by HP and weight. So, mfr's usually under-rate the HP to make their cars more competetive. And, when I say under-rate, I don't mean by 5 or 10 hp.

So, this combo would not be competetive in a heavy car with the claimed HP. Oh, and NHRA will refer to these HP claims if GM submitted paperwork which claimed a Zl-1 at any HP level lower than advertised.

Look for this combo in Stock or Super Stock but in a totally different "package" which lets them claim "lower" HP (in the 300-400's or so) and significant weight reductions.

Comment

RE: killing the class.... could be.

The late-model pony cars should have their own class once Chevy does a "package car" of their own. NHRA gave the Super Stock Hemi cars (formerly in SS/A) their own class because Chrysler sponsored the Hemi Shootout and complained that if the shootout took SS/A cars into account, there was risk that they'd be handing a "Hemi Shootout" trophy to a Corvette driver. So, they created SS/AH. Only for 1968 Dart and Barracudas. They could do the same for the late-model pony cars.

Comment

Working...
          X