No announcement yet.

Tech: How to Swap a Junkyard Hyrdoboost on Your Classic GM Muscle Car or Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech: How to Swap a Junkyard Hyrdoboost on Your Classic GM Muscle Car or Truck

(Words and photos by Scott Liggett) – In this episode, we’ll show you how stupid easy it is to take a $30 junkyard hydroboost and transplant it into your classic Chevy’s brake setup. What the hell is hydroboost? Simply put, it’s using hydraulic pressure from the power steering pump as a power assist for the [...]

More...

Looks good Scott and excellent write up as usual. I like the finishing touches with the rubber holders on the firewall and the nice save on using washers to space out the master cylinder.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

My version will be how to remove the hydroboost and power steering from a 3800 pound car and save on your gym membership!

Nice job Scott.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        My version will be how to remove the hydroboost and power steering from a 3800 pound car and save on your gym membership!

Nice job Scott.
        Get some really fat front tires, keep them under inflated; then get a 10" steering wheel. You'll have rippling triceps in no time.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Speaking of which, hey Beag's, you going to get one of those lightweight 8" chain steering wheels for the skid mark?
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
          X