Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallery: Vintage Photos of Freiburger's Super Bee

Re: Gallery: Vintage Photos of Freiburger's Super Bee

Very nice documentation and photos. You are right about the ugly knees part.
    Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Great shots! I wish I had more of my Torino. What was it about having a stuffed GARFIELD in your car? Me and two of my friends had them too! Maybe it was just an "80's" thing. ;D
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Thanks Dave, great stuff ;)
        Tim
        Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

Great photo's and stories. Thanks for sharing. You're a brave one to post those early years pics of yourself. I have to say that I was surprised that you only went to one car show with it.

BTW, I had one of those Garfields. It never made it into my car as my cat commandeered the stuffed critter almost immediately and dragged it around the house.

I can post pics of my Impala if people want to see them again.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

At least the fuel tank in the truck prevents hooligans from putting sugar in your tank. It won't keep them from keying your ride though. What makes the engine so unstreetable?

Comment

Knowing everyone's hot rod money is short right now, we are all forced to spend less money on big operations. So, what would it take to get the car back on the road?

Do you have any other engines you could put in the car if that one is too unstreetable?

I know this might be a little un-hot rodder, but it is ok if the car runs a little slower than before. Better that you would be able to drive it.
              Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

How strange, I was just thinking today about starting a thread of the oldest picture you have of "your" car. Going from a notable shop building an engine to your garage to install it gave me a good laugh, didn't expect that. Cool pictures. Hang on to that car, you'll get there someday, hopefully sooner rather than later
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Very nice, takes me back in time when those articles were first written.
                  Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Very cool........always liked the Super Bees

So......how was 'The Fonz' to work with?

Comment

Neat Story & great photos, somewhat shocking to see DF with anything other then flip flops though! I have a dumb question, why does it seem that a lot of California shots show what appears to be a concrete type fence/wall separating the neighbor's yard, purpose or culture? just not used to seeing that here on the prairie?

Comment

How many of us have pined away for that "first" car that we let get away?

Plenty to be prud of there....kinda cool seeing the evolution from street cruiser to full-on track bruiser(not as awe-inspiring by the numbers, but appreciable nonetheless).

what will it take just to get it RUNNING again, DF?

Just hearing a car run and move under it's own power gives a man a different perspective on things.

Comment

Nice pics and story! could you increase the dpi resolution on the proof sheet scans so the pics are bigger?

Here's my fun story from even earlier...

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Great Pics.....Good to see you hung onto it this long....You need to put this one a the top priority spot before doing any more projects....

Seth
                            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

nice pics !! I bought my dart when i was 15... but then that was just last year.. I dig the "RUMBLE B" license plate too ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X