Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorized Freak of the Week: The World's Fastest Tracked Vehicle

Re: Motorized Freak of the Week: The World's Fastest Tracked Vehicle

I hear the only thing keeping Abram tanks capped out at ~40mph is track design, the tracks over heat and come apart, otherwise they probably have the HP to pull 80mph. With their computer guided artillery and targeting even the quick vehicles would be hard pressed to get away.

Now these things would be bad ass in a City Environment.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

That's like a military version of Monster Jam.

Comment

That is the coolest thing I have ever seen......I want one.

Seth
        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Just think about all the cool weapons that could be deployed on that thing. Very cool vid.
          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z
            Just think about all the cool weapons that could be deployed on that thing. Very cool vid.
            It doesn't look like it wants to be carrying another 5000+ lbs, so the weapons are probably going to be pretty limited I'd think?

still. that thing is so badass. I could totally see building a DIY version of one of those. I bet they're fun in the dunes!
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
              Originally posted by Orange95Z
              It doesn't look like it wants to be carrying another 5000+ lbs, so the weapons are probably going to be pretty limited I'd think?

still. that thing is so badass. I could totally see building a DIY version of one of those. I bet they're fun in the dunes!
              Did I say anything about 5000 lbs? Quote from the blog>>>>> "and it can carry 2,000 pounds". I'm sure Uncle has quite an arsenal that fits that limit ;).
              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Hook it up with 3 gatling style miniguns....A couple grenade launchers....and a dozen or so Surface to Surface missiles.

That should do the trick....at roughly a ton.

Seth
                200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I think the early version as seen on YouTube had a Blown BBC, but the new one with camo I think is a smoker with a hair dryer. I remember the Tank type monster trucks back in the 80's, this things got it all over them, truely BAD ASS!!
                  Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

The website has a video telling about the identical twins - Howe and Howe - who built this thing and its pretty good. They cut down a crapload of the nieghbors pine trees to build a log cabin, - with hand axes. at 8 yrs old i think i heard....Mom was pissed. good video. thanks brian. The miltary boys have the coolest toys.....actually it reminds me of impetus of the Terminator movies. DARPA scare me....
                    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I doubt a production version would be gas powered. The Army uses Diesel for pretty much all its recipricating engine powered vehicles and the turbines run on jetfuel or diesel depending on whats available but they run best on the JP stuff. Logistics is a huge consideration for anything we buy.
                      Central TEXAS Sleeper
                      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                        I hear the only thing keeping Abram tanks capped out at ~40mph is track design, the tracks over heat and come apart, otherwise they probably have the HP to pull 80mph. With their computer guided artillery and targeting even the quick vehicles would be hard pressed to get away.

Now these things would be bad ass in a City Environment.
                        Been too long, and therefore this is now only rumor and rhetoric, but seems like it was 92ish that track was reported to -um- fail. (think grenade) that stuff is way heavy. even at 40, it doesn't last too long. everything that rubs at the pivots just cant last forever. still w/ 1500 hp they will move out.

Comment

Working...
                        X