In honor of Blazerteam: The Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tedly View Post

A girl I used to work with got a DUI when riding her bike. She ran into a stop sign in front of a cop.
    Many bicyclists run stop signs sober! They are SUPPOSED TO stop! Yeah, when they get hit by cars, the car gets blamed!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Many bicyclists run stop signs sober! They are SUPPOSED TO stop! Yeah, when they get hit by cars, the car gets blamed!

She didn't run the stop sign, she ran INTO the stop sign!
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post

She didn't run the stop sign, she ran INTO the stop sign!

drunks riding bikes because they don't have a license because of DUI.

Cars run stop signs, I know that's really hard to believe, but they do. Problem is when they run a stop sign the bicyclist gets hurt - if a bicyclist runs a stop sign, the car doesn't get hurt. It's also utter BS to say that the car driver gets cited. Cops hate bicyclists, so if there is any way for a cop to ticket the bicyclist - they will.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

D'oh!

When we were kids my brother ran into a telephone pole...while he was looking behind, shouting insults at me. Dad was pretty angry at me for my, in retrospect, possibly inappropriate lack of sympathy as his face was having to be patched back up. Later same bro ran into the side of my sister's husband's cousin's new Pinto, putting a big dent in the door. .I still remember him going down this parking-lot hill, utterly out-of-control at ten mph, and then, "BAM". She was, like, jumping up-and-down freaking, pointing at the side of the car... Cost Dad $35 only, I guess it just popped back out OK.

I was cruising along a side street in total fascination with the way the rr derailler worked on my new first ten-speed, and ran into the back of a parked Camaro. A really nice one. I guess I caught the brakes soon enough and didn't hurt it any...I about went over the bars, hung there for a moment, then was mostly worried about coming back down on the seat and not the top tube, you know what I mean. I wound up in a pile on the pavement. No one saw it.

Comment

Loren, you shouldn't tell us stuff nobody saw. If your friends had seen it, they'd still give you shit about it. I'm not above nicknaming you Crash.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

drunks riding bikes because they don't have a license because of DUI.

Cars run stop signs, I know that's really hard to believe, but they do. Problem is when they run a stop sign the bicyclist gets hurt - if a bicyclist runs a stop sign, the car doesn't get hurt. It's also utter BS to say that the car driver gets cited. Cops hate bicyclists, so if there is any way for a cop to ticket the bicyclist - they will.
              A second cousin and his buddy damn near got DUI's for racing their tractors back from the carwash on public roads.. and why would you ride a bike when you can take your riding lawn mower? See "unlicensed drivers" all the time down on the coast going down Bayshore Drive on their Yardman's.

and since I obviously have more tolerance for drunks than I do inattentive cell phone wielding latte slurping soccer parents, here's a drunk joke. I told the lady at the Lowe's yesterday that I planned to drink a lot before using the ladder I was buying so that I wouldn't feel it when I fell off.

It's sort of related. Kind of like a bicycle, only taller than most and still sucks when you fall off.

OH - so yeah, there's going to be a lot less crashes on Bayshore Drive now. Black Ninja Dog is dead. Long Live Black Ninja Dog. Black Ninja Dog was reported as causing nearly every "single car accident" between midnight and 3 a.m. in San Leon for years. For the record, San Leon is a small drinking community with a large fishing problem.

You know, if I ever get caught doing burnouts (or driving into the ditch) on Bayshore Drive, I'm gonna say I was trying to run over one of Black Ninja Dog's puppies and it was really a community service I was attempting to complete.

( apologies to those who've experienced loss at the hands of drunk drivers or inattentive cell phone wielding latte slurping soccer parents. There's not much excuse for driving fully impaired for whatever reason)

back to bicycles - I seriously considered doing the electric bike gig a while back but riding in this town terrifies me even more than driving in it. Both are scary.

240.00? Man, when I was into bicycles, I can't even imagine what it would have cost.
              Last edited by Beagle; April 17, 2015, 07:02 AM.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I don't know about bicycles getting tickets, Aaron, Never saw one pulled over..
                I suppose it is possible

Comment

Working...
                X