Fast and Loud to air the Silver Dome event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast and Loud to air the Silver Dome event

This last summer some of us went to the Pontiac Silver Dome to exhibit a short drag racing event. Some of that was recorded for the challenge against DF and Gas Monkey Garage.
    This Monday you may see the event on Fast and Loud.
    Dave
    69 Mustang ProStreet
    70 Torino

Neat. I don't get that channel...but I did see the GMG car at SEMA, and a know a guy who raced at the dome. Things didn't go so well for him.

[ATTACH] [ATTACH] On august 18th my 1931 coupe was severely damage in a accident. The best that we can determine is a brake line broke on the left...

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Here's the run where the hot rod hit the barrier. That was a real shame, it was a really cool car. I was there with my '69 Dart GT and had a blast. Really hoping they do it again next summer.

Comment

Gas Monkey had the first part of the show last week, when Roadkill called them out. It was quit amusing.
        They called them out, then after they found out that Gas Monkey was building a real car, they came back with a lot of rules.
        Gas Monkey built their car to win.
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Of course, we already knew the outcome (see previous thread). It was still amusing. They seemed awful friendly for a "call out". was it all "made for TV"
          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

For most of the show, Freiburger was a whiny b***h - of course, they agreed to let GM tell the story so even that backstory was funny. I still figure it's all staged, even the original smack-talk from Freiburger in HRM....
            and with that said - Gas Monkey did an excellent job of making Roadkill look like a bunch of chumps. I said it last year, Roadkill had everything to lose and Gas Monkey had everything to win. Though, I think it was a bit funny at the end where Freiburger kept saying he was some small, unremarkable internet-tv show... I wonder how many people who watched it believed that rather then the truth that Gas Monkey called out Hot Rod Magazine? (which is anything but a small-time operation.... okay, maybe it is now, but it did have some modicrom of respect at one point or another in the early 70s).

I've said it before and I'll say it here - when GM came out I figured it was another stupid "reality" show - I think they've done a great job of building and promoting their brand. I still think most of it is staged, but a least it's not jacka$$ for the automotive set.
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 13, 2016, 08:15 AM.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Hot Rod has tried several motorsports over the years.., NEVER near the top, no matter the event.. Maybe that Mexican road race thing back when real hot rodders ran the magazine..

Comment

Originally posted by Dave D View Post
                This last summer some of us went to the Pontiac Silver Dome to exhibit a short drag racing event. Some of that was recorded for the challenge against DF and Gas Monkey Garage.
                This Monday you may see the event on Fast and Loud.
                LOL, my brother and I were all set to watch it when at exactly 8:59 PM, the power went out. Didn't come back on until after 11:00 PM.
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Always remember it is TV, and "real" is not part of "reality". The timeline and the story line didn't necessarily match up with the "real" part. There were a lot of "requirements" placed on at least one side of the participants.
                  If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Brighton, MI

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Copeland View Post
                    Always remember it is TV, and "real" is not part of "reality". The timeline and the story line didn't necessarily match up with the "real" part. There were a lot of "requirements" placed on at least one side of the participants.
                    Sounds alot like monster truck dome derbys.. Not allowed to upstage the trucks!

Comment

Mike, just have to say I think you and your guys did an incredible job on putting that Hellcat in the General Mayhem. It's one of my favorite cars of all time and I'm really glad I was there to see it run that day. I really hope they make some more nitrous passes and get it in the 9's before it goes on to its next incarnation.

Comment

Put bluntly...I can't wait for the whole GMG/Roadkill debate to die the fiery death it deserves. Every single, solitary time anything is brought up in a public forum, it turns into a back-and-forth match that makes a political argument look like a cakewalk by comparison. And every single time I walk away ready to shove someone through a woodchipper.
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Remy.. Tell us how you REALLY FEEL! .

I am in agreement.. One is a business of building cars, the other is in the business of writing about cars..
                          2 different animals..
                          Just because you cn talk does it mean you can do..
                          We all want/wish we can take down Goliath while being David..
                          Last edited by Deaf Bob; January 14, 2016, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Copeland View Post
                            HRM let GM tell the story - I hate to point out that the issue about agreeing to that rule is no one else's but HRM's. I think a touch of real showed through, but it was all BS to begin with... and yes about the timing, I know I puzzled over the timing RR kept claiming. But I'll say it again, the victor writes the history.

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                            Put bluntly...I can't wait for the whole GMG/Roadkill debate to die the fiery death it deserves. Every single, solitary time anything is brought up in a public forum, it turns into a back-and-forth match that makes a political argument look like a cakewalk by comparison. And every single time I walk away ready to shove someone through a woodchipper.
                            I want to push HRM through a chipper every time they pull this stuff. Do you remember when HRM was all about bring safety to racing? I don't either, that was well before I was born. GM is entertainment, HRM should be the center of learning for our sport.... now they're just two chumps, one with a beard, one with raccoon eyes.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                            X