Orange Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Chicken

Unit got a recipe off of FaceBook, she lives on FB, I live on BS.

Orange chicken.

Not like the color orange, but like oragnes. The flavor. I've taken two days off of work, a joyous break. She announces early this afternoon, I'm gonna rattle some pots and pans! Alrighty then, and she did, whooping up a batch of stuff in the kitchen, lots of steps and parts, served over rice. It's a Chinese thing, although none of the parts came from China.

My mouth said.......hmmmmm. that's different. So I took another bite. My mouth said.....SERIOUSLY? Oranges and chicken? It was.....my mouth wasn't ready for it. How about potatoes and grape juice? That would be different, too.

Please note, Unit pre-approved this message. She had a lot of fun making it and she wasn't all that wild about it either.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I made mashed taters.. Thought it was good. Nobody else did.. Didn't have milk or water. Used apple cider..

Comment

If you LIKE orange chicken, and have a hankering for some, this dish will take care of that. It sure was orange, and sticky and sweet. I told Pdub before I started in on prep work, "I am going to make Chinese food and you are going to eat it". Married 15 years, I have never seen the man eat anything more exotic than, well, quail maybe. He ate it, I ate it, we froze some 'cause I won't need that again for at least 3 months.

Comment

I like the idea..
        will try it.

Stir fry uses the juice from veggies, all veggies have the citric like acids anyway.

Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I used beer for stir fry liquid..
          Must add liquid unless you wanna burn your vittles..

Comment

Orange chicken from our neighborhood Chinese place is pretty good - but it probably contains some Mystical Asian Secrets. I'll get some there if I have the urge but good for Sue for giving it a try.

Dan

Comment

I couldn't resist Click image for larger version

Name:	roadkill.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	1080753
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X