Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nesabo View Post
    We have tried with this one, he keeps coming back.
    Yeah, entertaining most times but gets into a tired rut and keeps flooring it..

Comment

• Well put DB. Alex was around back in the old Hot Rod forums 10 years ago, same story back then. He could be a real cool guy, then all of a sudden get a wild hair up his ass about something.
      Last edited by tedly; July 30, 2015, 05:22 PM.
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Tunnel vision...

Comment

• windows 10 on my lap top. Free upgrade.

Click image for larger version

Name:	comprej.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	1048510

my old p4 is not allowed to have it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HDTune_Health_WDC_WD800JB-00JJC0.png
Views:	42
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	1048511

11 years this year anyway.
          70000 hours runtime.
          That is 5 times as many hours as a kc135 got in 50 years.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• no PAE support in the BIOS ... I have that problem on the garagenet computer and the toiletnet computer. Sadly, a box that old isn't currently supported by anybody but you and a few other poor schmucks who will try but can't make any promises.
            Last edited by Beagle; July 31, 2015, 09:20 AM.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by tedly View Post
              Well put DB. Alex was around back in the old Hot Rod forums 10 years ago, same story back then. He could be a real cool guy, then all of a sudden get a wild hair up his ass about something.
              I just realized how ong Ive been around some of you people. Dang.
              Local person
              sigpic

Comment

• I found a website that has 1 million colors in one spot.
                "50 random objects you had no idea existed" Click image for larger version

Name:	col7700480vas.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	1048564

here is a supposed 16 million colors ... in one spot.
                calculation has it at 262,144.. it would have to be 61 colors per pixel to be 16,000,000.

my last version of the script I left off in 2008.. began making it some time before. Could be 10 years (must be).
                TCL/tK.

you may notice a seam in the middle... it is one pixel overlap in my eyeballing a cut and paste. 1 photo got the whole thing, 1 row at a time.. but inverted in the middle. I cut and paste the lower half to the top to create seamless.

this took hours. Full speed ahead on a pentium four.

colors does not include grey scale.. of course.
                Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 31, 2015, 03:08 PM.
                Previously boxer3main

Comment

• Me with money is bad. Now that I have a decent savings, I find myself looking at things. Do I put a build engine and crank up the boost in the Mustang? Buy a Wrangler to make into a Jurassic Park jeep? Or keep saving for my 2015 Mustang?
                  Local person
                  sigpic

Comment

• Savings.. Whazzat?

Life is expensive!

Comment

• My wife is 6 years older than me. When I was in High School she was a substitude teacher for my math class. Didn't even make the connection till my best friend, who was in the same class, reminded me later on in life when he made the connection. It would've been considered wrong back then since I was 16. But I can't help but wonder if something did happen could've my happy life with her could have started earlier? I didn't meet her again till I was 23 years old and told my parents the first date I had with her I was going to marry her. 4 years so far and 6 foster kids in and out of the house so far....

Comment

• this is humbling
                        national geographic names katahdin in maine, #2 in the world for summit hiking.

I can see the world move..
                        I am on the only rock standing still.

my attempt at katahdin poetry.
                        Previously boxer3main

Comment

• I had mentioned I am a veteran, my time is 25 years old. I can speak now, as saudi arabia is still an ally.

my case has closed 3 times, no one is telling me anything. I qualify for everyhting, fell off the face of the planet in the line of duty. As it turns out, it is complicated, I am deserving with plenty of formal facts. They cannot seem to get it all together.
                          seems someone is narrowing in on my brain.. some of these things written are not my own doing.
                          I am mysteriously an SSDI recipient with no diagnosis. I do have enough mind now to go the formal route that should have happened decades ago.
                          I hope other veterans do as well. Click image for larger version

Name:	vetstuff.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	1049343

This one is going to take awhile apparently...my fourth try. The response above is a case opening, all by itself. My VSO is damn good, or the system found the black hole...maybe both of those things.
                          I could be simply said.. and going through. But no. It does not happen that way.
                          The reason I want V.A. health care... local hospitals are monkeys with a stethoscope. My foot doctor was a miracle worker. (RIP)
                          Air force and crew chief interpretation.. absolutely bizarre. I'd swear they forget some actually worked it.. the whole damn thing.
                          noisy war stampede county shaking (that is more than a city) thunder from hell... for months on end.

I remember going to the hospital on my own, no ambulance..
                          "I have a heart beat within my heart beat."
                          it was so loud the heart monitor picked it up as its own signal...
                          Never did get told what that was. Treated as an obese person with cholesterol...all while readings were normal.
                          fried like bacon, I even sleep with veins looking they are going to pop on my arms.

Medicine people are damn stupid sometimes.
                          what is IQ again?

The last formal reason for V.A. was realizing I am missing 2 awards. That was not my opinion either, I was casually told. The pain of that is the launch to valor.. and that is a no bullshit waltz into and out of the V.A. and live what is left.

what is left is one bottom moler, and I am a hoarding meat eater. That one tooth left is in a lot of pain...only half there now.
                          I am seriously wondering how I am going to eat.
                          Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 4, 2015, 04:02 PM.
                          Previously boxer3main

Comment

• Barry, keep after them!
                            They can azzholes about it!
                            None of those who determine know what it means to be disabled!
                            I have a f'd up back (2 different times) bum knee and a metal hip.
                            Took 6 tries. Know some who ar only deaf get it one try.. Cheaters in my eyes.
                            I am not on it because I am deaf.. No mention of my deafness.
                            Then every so often they will need "updates" there needs to be "no improvement" or "worsening"
                            Any hint of "improvement" reduces your income..
                            It isn't enough to do a whole lot in life.. Can live on it, just have to watch how you spend.
                            I would rather work, as I can make $20/hr easily or more with my skills and knowledge
                            Anymore a weekend of wrenching on the kids' derby cars lay me up for the week.. What boss will hire me?
                            I ALWAYS do too much.. Go a little longer, lift a few more pounds then it rears and lays me on my ass!!
                            Stay consistant and you will be fine..
                            Remember you are dealing with snobs at the SS offices

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                              Barry, keep after them!
                              They can azzholes about it!
                              None of those who determine know what it means to be disabled!
                              I have a f'd up back (2 different times) bum knee and a metal hip.
                              Took 6 tries. Know some who ar only deaf get it one try.. Cheaters in my eyes.
                              I am not on it because I am deaf.. No mention of my deafness.
                              Then every so often they will need "updates" there needs to be "no improvement" or "worsening"
                              Any hint of "improvement" reduces your income..
                              It isn't enough to do a whole lot in life.. Can live on it, just have to watch how you spend.
                              I would rather work, as I can make $20/hr easily or more with my skills and knowledge
                              Anymore a weekend of wrenching on the kids' derby cars lay me up for the week.. What boss will hire me?
                              I ALWAYS do too much.. Go a little longer, lift a few more pounds then it rears and lays me on my ass!!
                              Stay consistant and you will be fine..
                              Remember you are dealing with snobs at the SS offices
                              with military, especially VSO, (veteran service officers) one can have a clinically disabled VSO at the helm, I think Disabled American Veterans boasts that often. It is why I joined, even pay dues. It is one of the big goals for america.
                              With SSDI, I just got my third review, seems to be 6 year intervals. "No questions at this time for your doctor. Disability will continue"

Now, I like to weld, since 2007. I work one chore at atime, any car going subject, or my home built computer. It feels good to be near the ground welding. Just goes with my mystery. The V.A. approach is can do, not what you can't.. I could do more if I was not feeling to be in a cage by law.
                              the other hopeful reason this simply happens for me.
                              I also took to journalism. I am finding the midlife crisis is just more people looking up than what you have to look up to. Excellent journalist ingredients.

I have learned the SSDI and applying is as confusing and non human as the V.A..
                              The SSDI just happened for me,I don't recall asking.. I was a vegetable for more than a year.

But they are dealing with a million people at a time, and all need a human intervention.
                              I am glad to meet anyone who qualified, it is not easy to fall all the way down. Not even for a short while..
                              Today, a guy moved out.. this public housing in the woods. A few years older than me, right off into a real housing, guess he met a woman. After more than 15 years in the social security rules of things..

for me it is the other way around, this past year is my first attempt at any housing at all. Got the most help since. Single young male, disgruntled and a veteran..
                              even a one room apt will get an addicted girl and her baby first... leave me to the shelter.
                              Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 4, 2015, 07:05 PM.
                              Previously boxer3main

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                                no PAE support in the BIOS ... I have that problem on the garagenet computer and the toiletnet computer. Sadly, a box that old isn't currently supported by anybody but you and a few other poor schmucks who will try but can't make any promises.
                                You are the reason I keep it.
                                Smart guy.

I have pae enabled right now, with four gigs of ddr400.
                                Do you even know what I am running?
                                still has the 3584mb anomaly, but sure know it is all there. Hyperthreaded, dynamic paging, dual channel, error correction control (where does one find that anymore)

I am thinking of going for an aging xeon next...but not double cpu, they have proven that to be not so smart anymore.
                                This last p4 (3400mhz 1mb L2) is the best for last of fat mpeg2...
                                terrible with mov or h.264. To me, that is the only reason to park it. I like video making. Just got my first cheap chinese h.264 camera, and actually like it.
                                Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 4, 2015, 07:18 PM.
                                Previously boxer3main

Comment

Working...
                                X