Custom Seat Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Seat Covers

So I have a question for the group. How much do ya'll think it would cost to have a custom set of leather seat covers made for four bucket seats? My Riviera basically has a 2+2 seating arrangement so I have two independent buckets in the front and a pair on the back with a something of a center section between them, really a speaker grill and filler panel. There used to be off the shelf covers from www.leatherseats.com but they stopped carrying them for the 98-2002 Eldorado seats I have a pair of so now I'm kinda in custom territory for them and contemplating getting something different for the fronts since the memory modules in the drivers side is making it hard to get it working as a plain power bucket.

Thanks
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

You should try https://katzkin.com/ try pricing out a set there.

Comment

I'm in the process of cutting up a pigskin leather jacket I found in a secondhand store to replace several torn bits of leather in my Regal.

Comment

A few thousand - interiors, in some places you can get stuff repaired quite reasonably (think LA), others.... you could be in that 10 grand depending on material and difficulty.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

according to my F-i-L who has an upholstery shop, depending on hide quality, you could be looking at 1200-1500 per seat. just for the seats.
          Charles

Comment

Sounds like it's worth the hassle to find a set of seats that someone makes a set of orderable covers for since even a moderately fancy cover from www.leatherseats.com or one of Katzkins' retailers is only ~$900-1100 for an entire set of four seats. This compares very favorably with the idea that a single seat would cost somewhere in that ball park on its own.
            Central TEXAS Sleeper
            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

So I called a local shop was quoted $1500-2500 to do just the front pair of buckets depending on how much work was needed in the color change and if someone had a premade kit they could get ahold of. Makes $1100 for a complete set of four seats from the online folks seem reasonable even considering ~$200/seat for most options with support. Switching to vinyl saves me ~$100 a seat so it seems to be mostly labor and manufacturing costs vs. material.

Thinking I might try dying the existing seats myself to see what it turns out like but most likely they would go in the back seats anyway.
              Central TEXAS Sleeper
              USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I got some for my daily truck at truckleather.com. They are just slip on DIY seat covers that are made specifically for your application. I don't think they have for the Riviera but might want to check it out

Comment

Working...
                X