SOLD at Mecum - Hirohata Merc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLD at Mecum - Hirohata Merc

For the first time in over 50 years, the Hirohata Merc has a new owner. Price was $1.95 million.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	352233FD-3DED-42C4-B97C-7ACDC980BE42.jpeg
Views:	171
Size:	583.7 KB
ID:	1312206
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

I hope the new owner appreciates it as an iconic piece of custom history, pretty much the quintessential Merc.

Comment

It's interesting - it's certainly part of my dad's generation and it influences even today. I wonder, though, fat fender cars aren't the rage right now; but I wonder (just like the 100k Cutlass station wagon instantly made 12k cars 25k cars) whether it will draw attention back to fat fender cars.... hope so.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        It's interesting - it's certainly part of my dad's generation and it influences even today. I wonder, though, fat fender cars aren't the rage right now; but I wonder (just like the 100k Cutlass station wagon instantly made 12k cars 25k cars) whether it will draw attention back to fat fender cars.... hope so.
        I think the biggest issue facing fat fender cars is that most of them that are in good enough condition to build are already built! The people who restored and built these things over the last six decades still have them, and they don't want to give them up. Can't say I blame them. But when there are none on the market and the builds are completed or in stasis, that tends to keep a car from becoming trendy.

That being said, if a whole bunch of them pop up on the market all at once, they will probably get trendy again.
        HRPT 2016 - OKC, Wichita, KC
        HRPT 2017- KC, Newton, Davenport
        HRPT 2022 - Memphis, Nashville, Hoover, Pensacola

Comment

The Hirohata Merc never stopped being "trendy".

Comment

Does no one else believe that $1.95M is a little bit over the top?

Comment

When they're ready for that tax write off I'll go 50k.

Comment

Does no one else believe that $1.95M is a little bit over the top?
                It's the definitive Merc kustom, with real Barris DNA.

Comment

Working...
                X